Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #1

FA 28mm focusing issues

Hello everyone
I've been having alot of focusing issues with my 28mm on my k100d lately and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same.
The lens seems to backfocus whenever I shoot further than aprox. 2ft away from my subject this is even when the image I see in my viewfinder is focused too. (I've been running some test shots while checking the distance markings on the focus ring) When I am 2ft and closer to my subject the results are perfectly in focus.
Is it a calibration problem with my lens? My camera?
I own a 50-135 2.8, 50 1.4, 77 1.8 and those lenses focus perfectly.
I would use the debug menu to correct the focus issue but then that throws my 50 and 77 out of whack at large apertures.
I have taken it to a repair shop to have some tests run on the 28mm and my k100d but the technician could not figure out what was wrong with the lens.
oh. and the person I had purchased the lens from stated that he did not have any focusing issues on his k10d.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

07-04-2008, 03:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pkim87 Quote
Hello everyone
I've been having alot of focusing issues with my 28mm on my k100d lately and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same.
The lens seems to backfocus whenever I shoot further than aprox. 2ft away from my subject this is even when the image I see in my viewfinder is focused too. (I've been running some test shots while checking the distance markings on the focus ring) When I am 2ft and closer to my subject the results are perfectly in focus.
Is it a calibration problem with my lens? My camera?
I own a 50-135 2.8, 50 1.4, 77 1.8 and those lenses focus perfectly.
I would use the debug menu to correct the focus issue but then that throws my 50 and 77 out of whack at large apertures.
I have taken it to a repair shop to have some tests run on the 28mm and my k100d but the technician could not figure out what was wrong with the lens.
oh. and the person I had purchased the lens from stated that he did not have any focusing issues on his k10d.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
I have both K100D & FA28mm. Can you use the debug menu for finetuning the BF/FF? Did you mean K10D?
I do not have that. But I would speculate that it is a camera issue particualarly for wider aperture (F2.8 - F3.5)shots.

Daniel