Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #1

Da* 16-50 / ph-rbj

What do people do when they lose the 'filter access cover'? Besides cry. As far as I can find you need to replace the entire lens hood

I'm thinking of just covering the opening with some black gaffer tape. Any other suggestions???

(Mine was lost somewhere in the pits at Famosa Raceway near Bakersfield, CA during the Sept 2015 California Hot Rod Reunion.)

02-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Check the eBay, buy a non-original hood, get he cover, and keep the rest of the hood for the next time you lose the hood and retain the cover .

Much cheaper than buying the original Pentax hood.
02-13-2016, 08:40 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
A second hand camera outlet or the next camera swap-meet in your area might be fruitful to replace the hood. New, they are quite expensive. Good luck.
02-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First thing I do is take that off and put it in the box so I know where it is All my lenses have it off.

If you feel the need of covering the hole, and considering the cost of a new hood, I would just go with the gaffers tape.

02-14-2016, 04:50 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just leave it off. There is no down side to having a hole on the bottom side of your lens hood that I can see.