Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 12:21 PM   #31
Veteran Member

No argument about the quality of the Tamron optics from era. Many Tamron products were great. However, the Adaptall-2 mounts had some issues, and they tended to deteriorate with heavy use. The quality optics were better served in the integrated lens system. Possibly, Adaptall-2 could have survived without the advent of the AF era, but we don't know about that. If nothing else, the system is a bit clunky and oversized - and as a Pentax user that was a pretty major minus for me.

As for the photo magazine test from 1986, pretty sure they weren't testing on a digital camera and including the DA 16-45 in that comparison (unless they had a very early pre-production sample!)... So, really the Photozone test is the only legitimate one because it is comparing on the same Pentax body with the same methods... And, well, the results at 24mm are very clear and refute your perspective.

Last edited by ScooterMaxi Jim; 02-19-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da, k-mount, pentax lens, sigma, sigma 24mm f2.8, slr lens