Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #1

newb with a question on lens

ok so here my question ive got a k10d and i was at a local thrift shop today and found a few old lens and a camera for sale here is what i got a smc pentax-m 1:14 50mm....smc pentax-a 1:2.8 28mm and a me super for 30 bucks now im guessing its a good deal but will the quality of the old lens be up to par with my k10d?

thanks for any input

kevin

07-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Old lenses on K10

Kevin,

Sounds like you got a a very good deal. If the lenses are in good working order (i.e. no fungus, merchanical issues etc.) they will perform very well on your K10. I know they work well on mine. Take a look at the M Club thread on this site and you will find out just how good these old lenses are.

Cheers,

Tom G
07-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #3

Original Poster
everything is near mint even came with a few leather cases....well im glad to hear they should work ok now i have to get my camera back from the gf to test them

kevin
07-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Kevin,
Unless you really know what to look for to determine the quality.

First take off both lens caps, and look through from the camera end.
Move the aperture ring back and forth, it's the ring with the numbers like 2.8 5.6 and you'll see something inside opening and closing.
This should open and close smoothly, a little with every click of the ring.

Next open it right up, and look for any thing that doesn't look right, inside the lens.
Just a little spot can be an indication of a future problem.

If everything still looks good you got a great deal