Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
They did have a complete product collection but I believe Hoya disposed of The Pentax Museum.
That's what I thought, but I didn't want to say it. It makes me ill to think about it.

02-20-2016, 12:11 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
They did have a complete product collection but I believe Hoya disposed of The Pentax Museum.
Awww, now why would somebody want to go and do a thing like that? Somebody didn't like history?
02-20-2016, 01:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
... in time you will realise, not all lenses do you need. Already have you that which you require to take good photos.
Who's talking about "needs"? We're talking about "wants"!
02-20-2016, 03:02 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kath Quote
Awww, now why would somebody want to go and do a thing like that? Somebody didn't like history?
Hoya made it pretty clear they didn't give a hoot about Pentax apart from the medical imaging division and whatever they could sell. I suspect they went through Hirakawa Jun's desk looking for loose change after he "retired". (He had a hand in quite a few of the lenses in the "family portrait" - including the new rebadged Tamrons!)

02-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What.
02-20-2016, 08:01 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
What.
Pentax Camera Museum to Close.

PF - 2009
02-20-2016, 08:31 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kath Quote
You have to pay employee to work in the museum, you need to keep the place that could be sold or not rented anymore. You could likely ask for a huge sum of money for what inside from collectors if you do it well. But all in all, that a bit sad. They could have managed to offer the whole collection to a public museum somewhere and give a yearly donation with all the new lenses and some money as a tradeof, maybe in Tokio to ensure maximum visibility to the brand instead...