Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
03-08-2016, 07:23 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Need to convert minolta to pentax.

There is some professional store to convert lens to pentax k mount?
I'm watching a lens auto promura 28mm f2.8 but is Minolta mount and wanted to convert to pentax k. There is a professional service for that? There is a good adapter Minolta to pentax?
Thanks in advance.

03-08-2016, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #2

The Minolta SR (MD) mount has a shorter image registration than Pentax K mount. This means the mount on either the camera or the lens has to be shortened in order to focus to infinity. In other words the lens has to sit deeper into the camera.

There are adapters available but in order to have infinity focus these have an optical element in them. You can get "glassless" adapter but these are only suitable for macro or close up work.

There are some threads on DIY conversions but they probably require some machining.

Rokkor lens (SR mount) can be adapted for the Canon EOS mount. Jim Buchanan provides kits for these. Search also on "Digital Rokkor"

Camera Services
03-08-2016, 07:52 AM - 2 Likes   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Might get more response in General Photography or SLR Lens Discussion; as this forum is for "non camera" discussion.
03-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Might get more response in General Photography or SLR Lens Discussion; as this forum is for "non camera" discussion.
Especially since the sticky at the top of General Talk says "Photography related threads do not belong in Gen Talk"

moving

03-08-2016, 09:25 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not worth the effort. Leave the Minolta manual focus lenses to the mirrorless crowd.

Unless you want to use the lens for macro. You can take the glass out of the adapter and use it as a short extension tube. The lens can be used reversed as well.
03-08-2016, 09:46 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

You can buy the Pentax M28/2.8 with far less effort and cost.

Seb
03-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bassek Quote
You can buy the Pentax M28/2.8 with far less effort and cost.

Seb
I agree. And I'm pretty sure the Pentax M is of noticeably better quality than the aftermarket lens.

03-08-2016, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ontarian50 Quote
I agree. And I'm pretty sure the Pentax M is of noticeably better quality than the aftermarket lens.
I wouldn't think so. It's pretty hard to find a bad 28mm lens.

There is a review of the K-mount version in the database

Auto-Promura 28mm 2.8 C.P. Hi-Lux MC Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
03-08-2016, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #9

Yes, not worth the time, effort and money to convert the lens when you can get a Pentax MF lens for maybe less than what it would cost you to have someone machine the parts for you.

They do make glassless adapters (I have two versions) if you want to use it as a macro lens. I use the adapter on my Minolta bellows and macro lenses.