Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2016, 01:41 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Once again, I'm leaving home with just ONE lens!

Tomorrow, I'm taking a very neglected lens out for a little one on one time. The M-75-150mm lens is just too good to leave it sitting in the cabinet collecting dust! And, just for S&G's, I'm hooking it to a little Storm Trooper K-x.

I've found that even with my less than young eyes, I can usually nail the focus pretty easily. Granted, the FL leaves a little to be desired, but it wasn't meant to be an all-around lens. I've always marveled at it's ability to capture reds and blues, side by side, with great saturation and brightness. It's sharpness is more than satisfactory, actually IMO, VERY good. It's a compact little lens with the typical, famous Pentax-M build. I've always liked it, but the newer DA, AF, WR lenses have been my main tools of late. Time for a change of pace!

So, I'll see what I can bring home tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't rain and even if it does, perhaps that will present a fun challenge. I'll just have to be careful to not let it get too wet!

03-15-2016, 05:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Tomorrow, I'm taking a very neglected lens out for a little one on one time. The M-75-150mm lens is just too good to leave it sitting in the cabinet collecting dust! . . .

So... How did it go?
03-15-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Taking a prime lens out for an extended period of time and only using that single focal length is a challenge.

But what's the big deal of taking a "zoom" lens out for a day?
03-15-2016, 06:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I've only really had my DA 40 XS on my camera since I got it, and have probably taken 500 pictures with it so far.

03-15-2016, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by .a.t. Quote
So... How did it go?

It didn't! Windy and cold with drizzling rain! So.... maybe some day soon when the weather is a little more cooperative, I'll give it a shot..
03-16-2016, 12:21 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
It didn't! Windy and cold with drizzling rain! So.... maybe some day soon when the weather is a little more cooperative, I'll give it a shot..

Rain, rain go away!
03-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What about doing some indoor shooting with it while waiting for the weather to clear?