Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Re: Help requested regarding new DA *200: possible loose focus barrel

Hi:

I reacquired a new DA* 200 during the recent "sale" on Pentax lenses. I purchased from B&H (I have always had excellent service from B&H).

I returned the initial lens I purchased since I thought the CA was too high. The one I have now seems a bit less, but one thing I noticed is a seemingly slightly loose/wobbly lens barrel. I have the DA* 300 and the barrel does not move quite as freely. It seems "smoother. The difference is not dramatic, but noticeable.

The DA*200 focuses reasonably well--although there is some slight hesitation, but I think that just may be the never particularly fast SDM motor. My DA* 55 is not the fastest, either, and very slightly hesitates in a similar manner.

Is there anyone else who has both the DA* 200 and DA* 300 lenses who can check to see if the focus barrels are similar in their "feel," movement, and fluidity?

Thank you in advance!!!

03-14-2016, 07:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Same

Mine seem pretty much the same. I can't detect a difference in the action.
03-15-2016, 05:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you for checking. I appreciate it.