Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #391
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
the coolest FA43's were those made in M-mount with the accessory finder

12-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #392
Pentaxian
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,228
43ltd + K-M + Snow

.

The 43ltd can be shot in 18-degree f weather (On K-M):







12-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #393
Junior Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 35
jsherman999: those are pretty nice!

here's a few from me again. love this lens!










12-10-2008, 03:49 AM   #394
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Damn you all for such fantastic photography with the 43! I can't keep up.

Here's one that shows it can do red-black-white:


And shot by daughter and cropped a bit, showing how the 43 is excellent in distinguishing real people from statues:


12-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #395
Site Supporter
maxwell1295's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,704
PIC REQUEST: FA43mm Limited *Wide Open*

I'm seriously considering this lens as a replacement for the FA50. I'd like to see some of your wide open FA43 images.
12-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #396
Veteran Member
nostatic's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: socal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,576
here are a few. I'm not sure I'm going to keep the lens (just got it). AF isn't perfect and while I get some great images I get some that seem softer than they should be. It doesn't seem to have the magic pop of my 77. I shot today going back and forth between 35ltd, 43 and 50-135* at 50mm. No clear winner, as they all had strengths and weaknesses. The 35 is the most variable though...sometimes metering is just crap. And yes, the last photo has the reflections on purpose...





12-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #397
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tri-Cities, British Columbia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,784
In before jsherman999!

12-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #398
Site Supporter
maxwell1295's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island, New York
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,704
QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
here are a few. I'm not sure I'm going to keep the lens (just got it). AF isn't perfect and while I get some great images I get some that seem softer than they should be. It doesn't seem to have the magic pop of my 77. I shot today going back and forth between 35ltd, 43 and 50-135* at 50mm. No clear winner, as they all had strengths and weaknesses. The 35 is the most variable though...sometimes metering is just crap. And yes, the last photo has the reflections on purpose...
Thanks....

QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
In before jsherman999!
I figure he'll pop in here at some point. He's like a walking lens commercial. I almost put out a "Paging jsherman999" post.

12-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #399
Veteran Member
nostatic's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: socal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,576
QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
In before jsherman999!

Is that cropped, and any PP?
12-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #400
Pentaxian
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,228
QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
I'm seriously considering this lens as a replacement for the FA50. I'd like to see some of your wide open FA43 images.
(my pager went off)


I bought it for precisely that reason.




12-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #401
Veteran Member
nostatic's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: socal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,576
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
(my pager went off)


I bought it for precisely that reason.
Are those manual or AF? I keep blowing hot and cold on the lens. Right out of the box my g/f took about the best photo of me I've ever seen - f2.8, available light. Since then I've gotten some very nice shots but I can't dial in the AF adjustment. I might just need to work with it some more...
12-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #402
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tri-Cities, British Columbia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,784
Cropped about a touch around the top and right side with some exposure boost to account for the darker gamma on PCs.

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Is that cropped, and any PP?
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #403
Pentaxian
jsherman999's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,228
QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Are those manual or AF? I keep blowing hot and cold on the lens. Right out of the box my g/f took about the best photo of me I've ever seen - f2.8, available light. Since then I've gotten some very nice shots but I can't dial in the AF adjustment. I might just need to work with it some more...

They're all AF. I guess I really don't MF my AF lenses much - the feel of MF-only
lenses like the Taks and M's have spoiled me.

You may have to try some dreaded focus chart shooting - a couple shots at
each aperture in natural and then tungsten light, and see if you notice any
BF/FF trends.


.
12-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #404
Veteran Member
nostatic's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: socal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,576
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

You may have to try some dreaded focus chart shooting - a couple shots at
each aperture in natural and then tungsten light, and see if you notice any
BF/FF trends.


.
Ack! Perish the thought!

Actually I've been doing a "real world" equivalent with a couple of things that often end up as subjects. For instance here is my webcam first with MA then AF (set at -9 - 0 and +9 were way worse). I do love the color rendering though...



12-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #405
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
a few of mine






Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
43mm, fa 43mm, filter, k-mount, ltd, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FA 43mm f.19 LTD TOUGEFC Ask B&H Photo! 8 08-09-2010 03:35 PM
the FA 43mm DanLoc78 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 06-05-2009 10:59 AM
Where to get the 43mm? ankit Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 01-24-2008 06:42 PM
40 or 43mm chals Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 05-15-2007 02:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top