Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2016, 07:09 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lightsource Quote
Originally posted by Billk My next purchase!
(K1 to follow)
I'm now regretting not buying the Sigma 85mm F1.4, when I could. Likewise i'm regretting not getting any Zeiss glass when I could. There are two zeiss 85mm planars on eBay at the moment
And of course nobody seems to have noticed this one ... : https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/301516-sal...ced-price.html

03-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Oh, that's interesting. But I doubt we can scrounge up 500 pre-orders of any one lens.
And I think this only goes for the lenses that used to be made in ZK. I don't think the new lenses (Otus, Milvus, and those other silly new names) would be made in K-mount, because that would require a lot of extra work. Zeiss now makes so many lines of lenses that its a little confusing, but we can definitely forget the Sony Zeiss glass and the Zeiss glass made for rangefinders and small formats like m4/3.

I would really like that Zeiss 25mm in ZK, but a brand new one would cost quite a bit, I think. And I don't have 499 others who would buy one, as well

But I think what's important here is the technicality that Zeiss still can make ZK. Its not a closed door.
03-23-2016, 08:23 AM   #18
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Oh, that's interesting. But I doubt we can scrounge up 500 pre-orders of any one lens.
And I think this only goes for the lenses that used to be made in ZK. I don't think the new lenses (Otus, Milvus, and those other silly new names) would be made in K-mount, because that would require a lot of extra work. Zeiss now makes so many lines of lenses that its a little confusing, but we can definitely forget the Sony Zeiss glass and the Zeiss glass made for rangefinders and small formats like m4/3.

I would really like that Zeiss 25mm in ZK, but a brand new one would cost quite a bit, I think. And I don't have 499 others who would buy one, as well

But I think what's important here is the technicality that Zeiss still can make ZK. Its not a closed door.
I was about to write that I am game to buy any reedition of the Zeiss glass, except for the 25mm as I already have this one!
03-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
I was about to write that I am game to buy any reedition of the Zeiss glass, except for the 25mm as I already have this one!

How do you like the 25mm? It seems like a good focal length

03-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Count me in for a 15mm or 21mm distagon
03-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #21
Pentaxian

I'm in for the Zeiss ZK 21mm lens too!
03-23-2016, 12:00 PM   #22
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Now! Who is after a Zeiss and is feeling organised to muster up a little (wait, make that a lot) of extra interest/committed buyers?
Or a very generous person who would buy one for himself and 499 more to share with his fellow forum members.

03-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #23

Is it true that zeiss designed the original K mount with pentax?
03-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #24
Veteran Member

An order of 500 of the same lens or a order of 500 Zk lenses?
03-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Everything between :
15 and 30,
40 and 135mm
03-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #26
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
just bought mine on ebay new for 750usd the other day

---------- Post added 03-24-16 at 05:52 AM ----------

yes that really is the heart of my message here. Its not a closed door. Rome wasn't built in a day. But will some motion, who knows what the next few years could bring?! I mean, we are all photogs for the long run right? Thought it was worth putting it out there and planting the seed.

---------- Post added 03-24-16 at 05:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
An order of 500 of the same lens or a order of 500 Zk lenses?
not sure, would have to ask
03-23-2016, 03:03 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I'm in for the Zeiss ZK 21mm lens too!
The first time I saw the results this lens can produce, I realised I could be tempted to spend a pile of money on a non-AF lens, and I've long regretted not getting one shortly thereafter, before prices rose dramatically.

Getting 500 Pentax shooters seriously interested in the same Zeiss lens is wishful thinking, I reckon. Probably the only way you'll get enough people interested at the same time in batch manufacture is to coordinate a group of Pentax distributors in a variety of countries to invest jointly in stocking one or more of the ZK lens range, and that's likely to be akin to herding cats into a wheelbarrow. Sales of the K-1 and the new Pentax lenses will have to be spectacular to get enough demand from users for a premium maker like Zeiss to take an interest again, but maybe they will be.
03-23-2016, 03:43 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Or a very generous person who would buy one for himself and 499 more to share with his fellow forum members.
good thinking where is such a man
03-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #29
Zav
Pentaxian

How do you like the 25mm? It seems like a good focal length
Too close to 31!
03-24-2016, 07:31 AM   #30

Hi Everyone

It has been commonly stated that Zeiss have stopped making K mount lenses. Though true in part, its not entirely true. Just wanted to throw this out there, that they actually still will if there is an order for 500 of them.

Rob.
From where did you got the information? It would be awesome if Zeiss is at least "ready" to produce them.

I doubt that we will find 500 buyes for a lens-type. In my inventory the 21 and 135 are missing.