Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #301
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
I haven't gotten the shipment notification either. Reading other threads about Prodigital leads me to believe that the notification usually comes a few days after they ship. At least I hope that's the case, as I'd like to get the lens early next week. or maybe even this Saturday.
I paid for my 77ltd yesterday, and I called them today to ensure that everything was in order. At the same time I asked them to ship it today. A couple of hours later I recieved notification from UPS that it has been picked up. I should have it early next week (as it does not go through customs...)

I've found that emails are not typically answered by these guys, and that phone calls make all the difference.

11-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine shipped today, also:-). I can't wait for this baby.
11-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #303
Inactive Account

Lucky bastards.
Unfortunately I got an e-mail today saying that their shipment had been delayed and that they would probably be getting them in early next week, and would ship them out then. This was after I called them this morning to see if/when my lens would be shipped. At that time they said they would be getting them in today or tomorrow. I'm gonna call back tomorrow and see if they either have a black version in stock that they can send me instead, or if they can upgrade my shipping to UPS 2-day air or better instead of UPS ground to make up for it.

It's BS that they would sell items they don't even have, and it's even worse that they're not even sure when they will be delivered to them.

I had read about their habit of slow shipping and selling stock they didn't have at the time, but I had hoped I would luck out. I suppose I can survive, seeing as I have the DA*16-50mm, but I really wanted to try it out ASAP. It sucks enough waiting on a lens when you know when you'll get it, but not knowing makes it even worse.

Last edited by Votesh; 11-27-2008 at 08:46 PM.
11-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #304
Inactive Account

Lucky bastards.
I had read about their habit of slow shipping and selling stock they didn't have at the time, but I had hoped I would luck out. I suppose I can survive, seeing as I have the DA*16-50mm, but I really wanted to try it out ASAP. It sucks enough waiting on a lens when you know when you'll get it, but not knowing makes it even worse.
Agreed! The hardest part is allocating the funds to make the purchase, after that, it should all be downhill....

11-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #305
Inactive Account

10% ebay coupon does not work for Prodigital

I wish I'd have known about the 10% reduction from the buy it now price. I made a really low offer and figured at $200 lower than normal retail I could settle for their counter. I also wish I knew about the 10% ebay coupon. Could have definitely saved a chunk of change. I can't complain though, and I'm sure I'll forget about both things when the lens is in my hands and on the K10D.
The 10% is only for ebay checkout. Prodigital has their own checkout system and ebacy coupon cannot be applied. I am suffering with it right now since the ebay web page clearly told me I could get 15% (in my case I received 15% offer for long-inactive account).
11-28-2008, 05:52 AM   #306
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cucme Quote
The 10% is only for ebay checkout. Prodigital has their own checkout system and ebacy coupon cannot be applied. I am suffering with it right now since the ebay web page clearly told me I could get 15% (in my case I received 15% offer for long-inactive account).
That wasn't the case for me. I gave Prodigitial an offer of $270 on the Tammy 17-50 f2.8 (exactly 10% off their price), and it was accepted. I checked out, selected paypal as my payment, and when I got to paypal, I entered my 15% off coupon code that I had been emailed (CEBAYHALF2008). It applied without an issue, and I got this lens for under $250 shipped. So yes, the ebay/paypal coupon should work with Prodigital (too bad the microsoft cashback does not work as well). And I am very pleased with the deal I got on the Tammy. $250 for a lens like that is pretty sweet. Now I'll sell my old kit lens.

Edit: cashback does work with Prodigital.

Last edited by jeffrey r; 11-28-2008 at 10:12 AM.
11-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #307
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffrey r Quote
So yes, the ebay/paypal coupon should work with Prodigital (too bad the microsoft cashback does not work as well).
The Microsoft cashback worked for me. When I went to checkout I had to be sure to pay with paypal, though. I got the message back in Ebay that I'm eligible for cashback on the purchase. I've found out since that I could have applied my Ebay coupon also, durn it, I think. I wasn't sure and didn't want to mess up the cashback offer so I didn't try to apply the coupon:-(.

Sorry to hear that Votesh:-(. I was worried that it would happen to me especially since I was buying the last one, somebody could have pressed their buy it now button before me. It did say at the top of my ad that the lens was available for immediate shipment so I was hopeful but I'd read about Prodigital doing what they've done to you, too. It's frustrating, I know, but for the price you're getting the 31 Limited, it will still be worth it:-).

Last edited by Eaglerapids; 11-28-2008 at 09:26 AM.
11-28-2008, 10:06 AM   #308
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
The Microsoft cashback worked for me. When I went to checkout I had to be sure to pay with paypal, though. I got the message back in Ebay that I'm eligible for cashback on the purchase. I've found out since that I could have applied my Ebay coupon also, durn it, I think. I wasn't sure and didn't want to mess up the cashback offer so I didn't try to apply the coupon:-(.
Doh! Just realized that. I could have saved another bundle. Oh well--thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited by jeffrey r; 11-28-2008 at 12:17 PM.
11-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #309
Inactive Account

Doh. All these chances to save money that were missed. The good news is that they apparently got their shipment in yesterday and it is out and on its way to me. The delivery date is supposed to be Wednesday. Only 4 and a half more days.
12-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #310
Veteran Member

The 77 arrived less than one week from payment (to Canada, from Canada though). 2nd lens purchased from ProDigital. Happy with the results. Here's one of the first shots. Low light, wide open...

Last edited by beaumont; 01-05-2011 at 10:05 PM.
12-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #311
Inactive Account

Nice one.

My 31mm got here yesterday. I must say, it is a beautiful beast of a lens, with IQ to match. I only got to test it out briefly, as the sun was about 15 minutes from setting when I made it out to shoot. The results are pretty nice, even just on the K10D's LCD. I'll post some shots once I get them on to my computer.

The other 2 FA Limiteds have moved to the top of my LBA list, based on the superb build quality, and what I've seen of the IQ of the 31. The 77mm is a beaut and makes some great images. One will be mine before too long.
12-04-2008, 05:57 AM   #312
Veteran Member

My 31 will arrive today. It seems MS cashback does not now include ProDigital items. In my case I did not use Cashback - I bought on a best offer line and the price they accepted was slightly lower than the cashback price. I had bought on Monday and paid for 2 day delivery but when I checked on Tuesday they said they were short of the silver and after a bit of haggling they agreed to ship a black one right away. I said OK.......

The lens arrived a little after noon and is everything claimed for it......I remain very pleased with Prodigital..........

Last edited by John Kovarik; 12-04-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: add info
12-05-2008, 07:34 AM   #313
Inactive Account

I agree, even though their shipping could be better, Prodigital is alright. I got my my lens 8 days after ordering, and for an unreal price.

Here are 2 of my first shots with it. They're not the best, but that's my fault, and I'm quite pleased with the lens. In my short time using it so far it performed very well.

12-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Votesh and Beaumont, cool pics:-).
My 77Ltd was waiting for me when I just got home! I ordered it last Wednesday evening (a week ago and just got it today (Friday), man, this was a long week, lol. I hate UPS ground, god, it takes forever. Not Prodigital's fault but I wish they would ship USPS. I haven't even put it on the camera yet, letting it warm up to it's new home:-). What a beautiful lens. Could these FA Limiteds be built any better? Smooth smooth smooth.
BTW, on the box is printed "Made in Japan".
My kit is almost complete, I can't honestly say I'm done buying lenses but I've finally got most of the bases covered except for a wide angle prime. The problem is I only have two of the three FA Limiteds. My 31 is happy to have her 77ltd keeping her company now, but both of them are already clamoring for me to complete the family, durn LBA.
12-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #315
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, I'm mostly just curious, (I don't imagine I'll be picking and choosing by color if I come by one any time soon ) but anyone know a place with handy pictures of the silver vs black ones on the current bodies? People do seem to like to show off.

Both are very pretty just sitting there, but I'm curious how they look in place.