Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
Senior Member
wa5am's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 244
Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 ZK Planar

Has anyone here used, or use this Zeiss lens? I am thinking of getting one for my K20, but considering its cost, I sure would like to get some feedback first. I know Zeiss glass is usually good stuff. Thanks for any feedback on this lens.

Brian

07-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,187
There is a review of the Nikon version at photozone.de

Zeiss Planar ZF T* Review

Steve
07-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
wa5am's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 244
Original Poster
Thanks Steve, every little bit of info helps. Sure wish I could find a good assortment of photos taken with this lens.
07-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
QuoteOriginally posted by wa5am Quote
Thanks Steve, every little bit of info helps. Sure wish I could find a good assortment of photos taken with this lens.
if you need samples, try using site:dpreview.com or site:fredmiranda.com on a search using google. you'll probably find photos from pentax, zf nikons, and Contax mounted on canon

07-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 942
QuoteOriginally posted by wa5am Quote
Has anyone here used, or use this Zeiss lens? I am thinking of getting one for my K20, but considering its cost, I sure would like to get some feedback first. I know Zeiss glass is usually good stuff. Thanks for any feedback on this lens.

Brian
I've been trawling for pics and info myself. I already did order one though and if you can hold off until mine arrives, I'll be doing a little review on my K20D.

Here's a flickr group about the T*85 in any flavor (mostly ZF) - Flickr: Planar 85mm ZF, ZK

Also, if you follow some of the individuals pages who've posted there, they've got more pics not necessarily contributed to the group. There really is very little posted overall with that lens though.

K.
07-09-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
c.r.brown's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 214
QuoteOriginally posted by wa5am Quote
Thanks Steve, every little bit of info helps. Sure wish I could find a good assortment of photos taken with this lens.

Pbase gallery of 85 1.4 T* photos.


For your fure needs all camera brands at pbase. Choose a brand then a body or lens.
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
Senior Member
wa5am's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 244
Original Poster
Thanks guys. This will help out a lot!

QuoteOriginally posted by thePiRaTE!! Quote
I've been trawling for pics and info myself. I already did order one though and if you can hold off until mine arrives, I'll be doing a little review on my K20D.

Here's a flickr group about the T*85 in any flavor (mostly ZF) - Flickr: Planar 85mm ZF, ZK

Also, if you follow some of the individuals pages who've posted there, they've got more pics not necessarily contributed to the group. There really is very little posted overall with that lens though.

K.
It will be a few weeks before I order, most likely. I would like to see your results and general comments on the lens after you have tried it. Thanks!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
feedback, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens, zeiss, zeiss 85mm f/1.4
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Zeiss Planar T*85mm F1.4 augustmoon Sold Items 4 04-23-2009 12:22 PM
Zeiss ZK 50/1.4 Planar T twinda1 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 1 01-29-2008 11:40 PM
Zeiss Planar T* ZK 85/1.4 John Kovarik Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 12-25-2007 06:32 PM
Zeiss ZK Makro Planar - when? thePiRaTE!! Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 1 09-25-2007 04:30 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top