Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2016, 03:42 AM   #16

Original Poster
I got another SMC Pentax-M lens in that has a clear rear lens section, but is there any way to get the glass out from that and put it into the one with the hazy rear glass?

It looks like the helicoid with the one I just may be kind of messed up (really tight) so I can't just use the entire rear section, so I have to try to just move the lenses.

Thanks,
Jim

04-12-2016, 09:04 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
just switch the aperture mechanism over with the glass inside of it
04-12-2016, 05:46 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by niceshot Quote
just switch the aperture mechanism over with the glass inside of it
Hi,

Sorry, I kind of messed up my previous post. What I was trying to say was that the back section of the "new" 1.4, the one with the clear glass in the back section, is kind of messed up mechanically. So it's a catch-22 situation:

- I have one lens (the older one) that is mechanically good, but has hazy lens in the back section and
- the newer lens, which has clear glass in the back section, but the back section is kind of messed up (broken piece of plastic from somewhere)

If I could remove the glass from the back section, then I could move the glass to the mechanically good lens and get one good/clean lens, but there doesn't seem to be any way to remove the glass???
04-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #19

Original Poster
I was able to get the back end section of the "new" lens working ok (I had to flip that ring that goes under the shiny end piece), so I swapped the focus ring, mount ring, and name ring from my old lens (the one with the hazy rear lens) and now I have one lens that is mechanically good and has clean lenses.

For the other one, I was able to bend the mount ring and the focus ring so that the mount ring could go in and the focus ring can still turn. No way to get the name ring in though.

Jim

04-13-2016, 02:08 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ohaya Quote
I was able to get the back end section of the "new" lens working ok (I had to flip that ring that goes under the shiny end piece), so I swapped the focus ring, mount ring, and name ring from my old lens (the one with the hazy rear lens) and now I have one lens that is mechanically good and has clean lenses.

For the other one, I was able to bend the mount ring and the focus ring so that the mount ring could go in and the focus ring can still turn. No way to get the name ring in though.

Jim
congratulations please put up some pics