Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Venus Optical Lens Offered In Pentax K Mount!

Sometime this month, Venus Optical will start shipping their Laowa 105mm f/2 Smooth Trans Focus (STF) lens. It is nicknamed “The Bokeh Dreamer.”

To my happy surprise, I found that this lens is being offered in the Pentax K mount.

At $700 it seems to be competitively priced. I've never heard of Venus Optical before, do they make good lenses?

Have any of you heard of this lens? Have any reviews been published on it? Anybody pre-order one yet?

04-16-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go to the main page for the site, an article about stf mentions that lens.

Smooth Trans Focus: The Ultimate Guide - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
04-16-2016, 10:36 PM   #3

I'm absolutely in love with just the concept the Ultrawide Macro with tilt. To the point that I'd high on my acquisition list.

STF is cool, but I'm more for interesting and aggressive bokeh, so this one doesn't do it for me. I can see the appeal though.