Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2016, 01:37 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
what you observe routinely doesn't match your experience
Sadly, what I observe routinely these days doesn't match my past experience regarding overall product quality for goods ranging from $10 to $1000. (Of course, there are shining exceptions.) I recently bought a water heater for my home. A salesman (half my age) proudly told me "These have a six year warranty". I responded, "Is that some sort of pathetic joke? They used to have a 20 year warranty!".

04-21-2016, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
Sadly, what I observe routinely these days doesn't match my past experience regarding overall product quality for goods ranging from $10 to $1000. (Of course, there are shining exceptions.) I recently bought a water heater for my home. A salesman (half my age) proudly told me "These have a six year warranty". I responded, "Is that some sort of pathetic joke? They used to have a 20 year warranty!".
I know the whole point about new things don't last but this is quite overated:

- if I buy a pot to boil water, chances are it will still work even if you use it everyday for one century. It doesn't need to be expensive. A frying pan the same. You just need to choose a design made to last, not one with teflon.
- My dedicated boiler is also 10 years old, no issues, thanks.
- Friends explained me 10 years ago how my new TV would fail after 5 years. it is now 10 years, and it work just fine. My father TV is 15 years, no issue.

It really depend what we speak of and what the design is... Since antiquity people have been saying it was better before, it is an easy sell.

Last edited by Nicolas06; 04-21-2016 at 12:53 PM.