Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Forum Member

vivitar 28mm f/2 Close Focus

Hey I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this lens. I know there are 2 versions, one is with the filter diameter of 55mm and the other is one with 49mm. I can't seem to find any reviews of the 49mm version. Anyone know anything about it?

07-11-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
Igilligan

Pretty good lens from what I have seen

QuoteOriginally posted by furby Quote
Hey I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this lens. I know there are 2 versions, one is with the filter diameter of 55mm and the other is one with 49mm. I can't seem to find any reviews of the 49mm version. Anyone know anything about it?

I have heard of it... and have been looking for 1 for a while. There was a great thread on here with some really nice shots. I will leave it to the experts to tell you what the diff is between the 49 and 55mm versions. (I did not know there were two)

where did you find two copies? How much?

Let me know if you leave one....
07-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by furby Quote

Do you mean Vivitar 28mm f/2.8? (not f/2?)

If so, we have a couple mini-reviews in the Forum 3-rd party lens review database.

There's also a thread about the Viv 28s here. Suffice to say that the Vivitar Kiron/Komine/Cosina-built 28mm's are all very good primes. The one linked above is worthy of series-1 status, and actually is built by a series-1 builder (Komine)

I actually planned to go out this evening before dark and get some shots with it for the 'lonely-lenses club' thread, but now it looks as if I'll be killed by a Tornado instead. Maybe I'll end up taking some shots of the Emerald City.