Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-20-2016, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very handy Lens Comparison query on Photozone

Hello, not sure if this has been posted before, but accidentally came across this very handy table of results for Pentax compatible lenses on both ASP-C and FF

Lens Performance Survey - INTERPRETED OUTPUT

Goes to show the different perception some lenses give on the two formats.

04-20-2016, 09:18 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
Hello, not sure if this has been posted before, but accidentally came across this very handy table of results for Pentax compatible lenses on both ASP-C and FF

Lens Performance Survey - INTERPRETED OUTPUT

Goes to show the different perception some lenses give on the two formats.
Interesting and all based on user input. It is probably possible to do something similar with the reviews on this site.

Steve
04-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They must not post until at least 5 inputs since that was the lowest I saw and a number of lenses are missing like most of mine. Interesting to see.
04-20-2016, 10:56 AM   #4
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
-- I would suggest adding coma, as a specific item.
-- There should be a way of not using a reviewer(s) ratings if statistically highly questionable. I suggest the lens overall rating be used as the figure of merit--and if outside the average +/- 3 standard deviations it/they not be used.
-- Breaking out (for the same lens) full frame and half frame as two separate lens categories makes a lot of sense.
-- Nevertheless I believe the commentary is still far more important than a set of numbers.

04-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Interesting and all based on user input
I had to grin when I read about the lenses that I own. Apparently there is a clutch of high distortion, bad flare FA 35/2 out there. Either that or folk are submitting multiple reviews. I also chuckled that some lenses were deemed cool on one format and warm on another (APS-C vs. 35mm FF)

Steve
04-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #6
bxf
Veteran Member

Does make you wonder a bit about the accuracy of some of these numbers when a lens (Tamron 28-75) is shown as having greater vignetting on APS-C than it does on FF
04-20-2016, 05:15 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pictures (usually) don't lie.

04-21-2016, 04:55 AM   #8
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I had to grin when I read about the lenses that I own. Apparently there is a clutch of high distortion, bad flare FA 35/2 out there. Either that or folk are submitting multiple reviews.
Yes, the FA35 report is quite odd: if I'm reading it right, the report shows more distortion, and more flare, on APS-C than on FF. If (stress on "if") format really can make a difference in such matters, I might have expected any problems to show more readily the other way around, given that more of the glass is in use in FF.
04-21-2016, 05:36 AM   #9
Pentaxian

All Pentax lenses are slow or very slow focussing. Something is rotten in Denmark.
04-21-2016, 08:42 AM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
All Pentax lenses are slow or very slow focussing. Something is rotten in Denmark.
...or Deutschland, as may be...

Almost all the non-Pentax lenses too.

Steve