Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 10:58 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Kickstarter lens adds Pentax support

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomography-daguerreotype...t-29-64-art-le

has added an option for a Pentax mount if they can get 100 orders - I just made it 3, so if anyone else is interested please pass this on!

Cheers

04-28-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tjbogart33 Quote
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomography-daguerreotype...t-29-64-art-le

has added an option for a Pentax mount if they can get 100 orders - I just made it 3, so if anyone else is interested please pass this on!

Cheers
Perhaps they changed the goal. It says 50 orders now. Personally this doesn't appeal to me but I hope people give them the 50 orders to show Pentax is a viable market.
04-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I won't get one because I just don't want one, but even the fact that they're willing to offer is good news.
04-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #4

Original Poster
Sorry - misread it - they opened a hundred pledge slots, but yes, it will only take 50 to get them to implement.

Here is hoping - the notification was received this morning and I was already the third.

Cheers

04-28-2016, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

I'm not going to get in, but this lens is very much in the wheelhouse of some of our shooters who want to experiment with a variety of bokeh effects. More useful on Pentax than some other mounts because our shooters and the system itself works well with no electronics. Even for video, this lens could turn the K-3 (and K-1) into an effective art camera. The 0.5 meter close focusing is another interesting feature. I would be stunned if they don't reach 50 quickly. While $400 is a bit more than I would like to spend on a novelty like this, if I was asked to be number 50 otherwise no K-mount - I'd take one for the team.

Geez, Lomography should hire me.
04-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I keep trying to save for FA31, and these things keep coming up... I'd like to have one, but FA31 is what I "need"
04-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in! Let's get to 50.

04-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

6 down, 44 to go!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-28-2016, 02:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
6 down, 44 to go!
I'm lucky #7

Too bad they didn't do this earlier in the campaign. There's only 11 days left. It was funded in the first few hours after it launched.
04-28-2016, 02:50 PM - 1 Like   #10

Perhaps a featured post about this?

Adam,

I've been looking at this lens since day 1, but eventually decided not to try using it with an adapter on my K bodies. Now with 11 days left the lens has become a viable option. Is it possible to mention that the K-mount is planned in the featured posts in the hopes of helping Lomography reach their goal of 50, so that those of us who have been dreaming about this lens can get one? It seems 66% of Kickstarter campaigns I get involved with develop some problems along the way, so I understand that PentaxForums cannot necessarily "officially" back the project...

Martin
04-28-2016, 03:54 PM   #11
Pentaxian

I wish they'd specify which kind of k-mount you'll get. No aperture linkage (ie preset lens), M-style (apperture linkage, green button stop-down metering), or (best) A-style?
04-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
I wish they'd specify which kind of k-mount you'll get. No aperture linkage (ie preset lens), M-style (apperture linkage, green button stop-down metering), or (best) A-style?
Given that the aperture is controlled by the drop-in Waterhouse plates there won't be any automatic linkage.
04-28-2016, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

I'm in.

The words "reboot of the original Daguerre lens" were barely out of my mouth before my wife practically DEMANDED that I buy this lens.

Maybe we should have asked for it in M42? I mean, since it's even more primitive than a preset, what should it matter and we could use it on our pre-Spotmatics... But this way, at least, it will always lock in place with the Waterhouse plate handles uppermost...
04-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
Given that the aperture is controlled by the drop-in Waterhouse plates there won't be any automatic linkage.
Ah, hmmm, yes, good point.
04-28-2016, 08:23 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wondering why they did not make it T-mount,
Then they can just sell lenses and let the buyer put it on what ever they have adaptors for.
After all there is no automation to link for either exposure or focus, all you need is positive physical connection to the body.

Intriguing lens and look