Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
guess the macro lenses

Having vacation. Not spending so much time with the lap top (including pentax forum), but some time with the camera, as it should be. Here are some samples from our garden. Let's see if you can guess what the lenses are. Focal length 270 mm, max aperture 3.6, macro factor I think somewhere around 1:2.7 (if I understood this correct). This lens is a collaboration between Pentax and Kenko. ISO 800, hand held.

First some herbs and grass:

A small bug with looong antennas (some cropping):

Then I found some very busy bees:

very bussy:

cropped:

...I'm wondering if they get high from this?

cropped:

quite good corner sharpness also, for which I had not so high expectations...

But what is the lens?
Hint: The Pentax part of this lens is for sale on e-bay right now (not mine for sure), and it does not happen so often.

Here is some using the close cousin A 100mm f3.4, macro 1:1:

cropped:

I'm wondering of her sisters will lick her clean when she is back in the nest?

Some ugly shadows since I have no macro flash, but used the built in flash in the K20D.

Anyone who cares to make a guess? What are the lenses?

07-13-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
hints

OK, no guesses. Either not interresting, or too difficult.

Let's hope for the later and give some more hints.

In between the unlikely macro lenses is the Kenko version of the Vivitar 2x macro converter (or this is probably the same...did Kenko make it for Vivitar in the first place?).

Both the Pentax lenses that delivers 1:2.7 and 1:1 respectively with the Kenko are from the A generation.
A copy of the heavier of these lenses are currently on e-bay in Germany with 35 bids right now at 1,362 Euros and with 5 hours and some minutes left. I did not pay more than ~300 Euros second hand back in 1993. I'm wonder how high the snipers may take it in the end and if I will be tempted to sell my copy to buy some limiteds...
The shorter lens came with my Super A in 1984.

Care to guess now?