Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2016, 05:59 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Speculation that no longer matters, 50 brass pledged.
Woot,woot,woot!

05-06-2016, 07:02 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe if we get enough K-mount Black pledges and those who want them get their lenses, DCshooter could be prevailed upon to put rings of the appropriate colour and a big red PENTAX on?

At a price, of course...
05-06-2016, 07:44 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is great news! If Lomography sees that the K-mount is a worthwhile investment then surely others will too. I'm thinking (hoping?) that Sigma and Tamron expand their offerings and maybe Tokina will get back into the field.
05-06-2016, 07:59 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Exciting news! Good job, Pentaxians!

05-06-2016, 08:09 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I'm still wondering if I can afford it and if the price is justifiable. After all I don't know how I'd use it.. I just quite like it in a way!

But I'm happy to see the K mount version being made.
05-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
If Lomography sees that the K-mount is a worthwhile investment then surely others will too.
Not to mention the possibility of future Lomo projects being offered in K mount from the start. But yeah, a little commercial incentive never hurt anyone - if they can see Lomo willing to bend over backwards to please us, who knows what impetus embarrassment might provide them? I think we can forget about Tamron for now - they're too enmeshed in providing the basis for our new D-FA glass - and Sigma are probably still smarting from the backlash of the 18-35 Art AF fiasco, but Tokina would be a worthy re-entrant to the field (and Samyang beginning autofocus production might give them even further encouragement).
05-06-2016, 06:17 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Woo-hoo! You are now an official backer of The Lomography Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens."

I took the plunge. The count on backers of the brass version is now 54. This is an interesting development as I hadn't planned on any new lenses this year and so am quite excited about this. Also exciting is the potential of this project having a positive influence on other lens manufacturer attitudes towards supporting Pentax. Let's hope that Lomography sells all 100 brass and 50 black lenses.
05-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in. I'm not quite sure what I'll use it for yet but I'm sure I'll find a purpose for it. But I think it's also really important that these types of projects get supported so that future ones will be offered in K mount, not just Canon and Nikon.

And it looks so cool as well!!!

05-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I put my pledge in too. Rarely do I give a lens a purpose. I generally pick a lens and use it. It forces a certain creativity. I don't think about the shot I wanted and missed. Instead, I think of the shot I can get and where else that shot can take me. I think this Lomo lens will take me to new places and force/enable me to go down a different path.

05-10-2016, 08:16 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Does anyone know anything about the macro adapter? What are your thoughts on the filter kit? I assume they'll be available in their store at some point after the pledge period ends.
05-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTom Quote
Does anyone know anything about the macro adapter? What are your thoughts on the filter kit? I assume they'll be available in their store at some point after the pledge period ends.
I wouldn't care for the macro adapter because I already have K mount extension tubes to put behind it and they will do just as well (and you can find them dirt cheap on Amazon, shipping out of China - SODIAL brand).

It all comes down to what diameter the filter thread is. If it's something common, again, there may be inexpensive versions to be had on Amazon or e-bay that don't have a Hipster premium added.
05-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I wouldn't care for the macro adapter because I already have K mount extension tubes to put behind it and they will do just as well (and you can find them dirt cheap on Amazon, shipping out of China - SODIAL brand).

It all comes down to what diameter the filter thread is. If it's something common, again, there may be inexpensive versions to be had on Amazon or e-bay that don't have a Hipster premium added.
I'm running a little slow this morning as I'm sleep deprived and medicated. Thank you, pathdoc. I agree about skipping the hipster premium. ;-).
05-10-2016, 08:57 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote

I thought it was a 40.5 filter size which is not that uncommon, I have two step up rings for 40.5 to 49 as I had a couple of large format lenses that took 40.5 filters.

I had thought about putting my name down if the count was very close but not at 50. Personally I would rather have that type of lens for my LF outfit than for digital/35mm so did not go for it.
05-16-2016, 06:21 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For anyone who missed out on the Kickstarter campaign, you can now pre-order a copy of this lens at the same price as before. It is available in K-mount.

http://shop.lomography.com/en/lenses/daguerreotype-achromat-art-lens/daguerr...art-lens-brass