Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,486
Rikenon XR 24mm f2.8 K

Any idea about Rikenon XR 24mm f2.8 in K mount ? Not much information on internet except The Unofficial Guide to Ricoh SLR Cameras and Rikenon Lenses

I earlier thought it's Sigma/Cosina copy but according to that link, it's 7/7 which doesn't match Sigma

05-07-2016, 08:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: People's Republic of America
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,233
Rikenon did a few of their own lenses, I think the 28mm f2.8, their 135mm f2.8 and the 50mm f2 are original designs, among others. I was looking out for the 24mm for a while but it's too hard to find, I ended up with the Pentax 24 2.8 instead, after trying a Tokina made Rokinon. I compared a lot of 24mm designs and it seems the Rikenon design is unique.
05-09-2016, 03:58 AM   #3
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,486
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Rikenon did a few of their own lenses, I think the 28mm f2.8, their 135mm f2.8 and the 50mm f2 are original designs, among others. I was looking out for the 24mm for a while but it's too hard to find, I ended up with the Pentax 24 2.8 instead, after trying a Tokina made Rokinon. I compared a lot of 24mm designs and it seems the Rikenon design is unique.
Thanks, Could you comment on performance and uniqueness. One is available locally so was interested in picking it up but unfortunately the condition is not encouraging.
05-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #4
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: People's Republic of America
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,233
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Thanks, Could you comment on performance and uniqueness. One is available locally so was interested in picking it up but unfortunately the condition is not encouraging.
Like I said, I never got it. First because in well over a year looking, I never found one for sale (if there was one, it was sold before I could see it). Second, I decided I wanted either a later Cosina (or Cosina-made Vivitar) or a K 24 2.8. I ended up buying the latter recently.

I found this helpful though: Fotos catalogadas con: Ricoh XR Rikenon 24mm F2.8 - Pentaxeros.com
From what I see there, I don't think it's as special as the Rikenon 28 2.8, which I really like. Still not bad, I wouldn't mind trying one if the price was right.

Edit: aahh now that I look at this again after several months: http://www.pentaxeros.com/index.php?objetivo=1772
And after owning the Rokinon 24 2.8 (not related to Rikenon obviously) - the Rokinon and Rikenon seem identical. And they also seem identical to the Tokina 24 2.8.

I liked that Tokina-made Rokinon 24 2.8 but my copy was faulty, it was waaay too blurry under f4, unless I was close focusing. Clearly a faulty lens, so I sold it for peanuts making clear to the local buyer that it was an f5.6 and up lens.

05-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
I looked high and low also. Eventually did find one but it was over $300....NOPE................. Choose the SMC K 24mm and never really looked back.
02-27-2022, 04:19 AM   #6
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,740
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Any idea about Rikenon XR 24mm f2.8 in K mount ? Not much information on internet except The Unofficial Guide to Ricoh SLR Cameras and Rikenon Lenses

I earlier thought it's Sigma/Cosina copy but according to that link, it's 7/7 which doesn't match Sigma
I was doing some research on it. According to Lensdb it is a Sigma rebrand but not the Super-Wide II which is 7/8 but the Super-Wide (one) which is 7/7

https://lens-db.com/sigma-mf-24mm-f28-1981/
04-08-2022, 08:21 AM   #7
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 8
I had one and also have a Pentax A 24mm. For my experience I would say, in optical performance term The rikken one is about 90% of Pentax A24, and building quality is about 60% copare to the Pentax one. The rikenon is much more plastical feeling and loose after many years...

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24mm, f2.8, k-mount, pentax lens, rikenon, rikenon xr 24mm, slr lens, xr, xr 24mm f2.8
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Ricoh XR Rikenon 28mm f2.8 tvfd911 Sold Items 3 11-27-2012 09:26 AM
XR Rikenon 50mm F2.8 bassek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 11-27-2011 03:09 AM
For Sale - Sold: Ricoh Rikenon XR 135mm f2.8 K-mount Lens Rykoh Sold Items 4 01-17-2009 10:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top