Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
06-04-2016, 07:45 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Theme parks. My new (this week!) DA* 200 on a K-3 handled fast moving rides quite well yesterday at Paultons Park in the UK. It was difficult to grab many of the shots but the focus on AFC at f/4 was fast enough to produce some really good cropped family shots, something I could never do with my old 55-300, and my DA* 300 has too narrow an angle of view to pick up the cars quickly enough as they shoot into the frame and are gone (tried that last year). Privacy deters me from posting the family shots but I did a random test shot of others on the Magma, it shoots people high up into the air. Full frame (just a slight edge crop of overcast sky); medium crop and a 100% crop. PP is minimal or absent (can't remember which). Purple fringing is apparent, but I think it can be fixed inn PP.

I set ISO at 400 ready for the fast rides to follow and guessed at +1 EV exposure compensation. I like how it stows in the backpack with lens hood in place, something I cannot do with the DA* 300. Delighted with it and will probably use it now more than the DA* 300.

Last edited by Dave L; 06-04-2016 at 08:16 AM.
06-04-2016, 09:33 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by originalwinger Quote
Randy, how is the new to you 200 ? any pictures ?
Here are some pics mostly wide open except maybe one or two which were at f3.2-3.5
The last one (and to me the best one) was taken by my step daughter. When my kids take shots I can't get the tack sharp images like they do do to shaking hands.
this is my favorite lens as far as blur and bokeh.

Randy
Attached Images