Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax 18-250 and k10d overexposure problem

I've owned my k10d for a couple of months now and it has been doing a brilliant job until now. Suddenly it has started overexposing all my shots by about +2ev. I've only tested in AV mode and the green mode but I'm assuming the result would be the same in all modes. I only have one lens which is a Pentax 18-250 so I can't tell if it's the camera, the lens or me to blame. Has anyone else seen a similar problem?
I've uploaded a couple of examples to flickr to show you the problem, unfortunately I've just taken these in my dimly lit living room so the overexposure isn't as noticeable as it is on a sunny day, the problem should still be pretty obvious though.
This is the exposure the camera thinks is a good idea.
IMGP2248.JPG on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This is with compensation set to -2ev
IMGP2247.JPG on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Any Ideas would be gratefully received.
jim

07-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
double check your metering mode for starters and make sure you're not set to spot metering. And double-check your EV compensation (though this wouldn't affect Green mode).
07-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
just a thought but what about bad contacts on your lens mount making the camera thinking it has a slower lens?

Maybe take the lens off wipe the contacts with a paper towell (both lens and body) and reinstall,. Make sure it is fully engaged on the locking pin also,