Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2008, 02:18 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Minolta - MD/SR mount on Pentax???

Hi everybody.

I was fortunate enough to get a bunch of old Minolta MD/SR mount lenses from another photographer who could not use them.

I'd like to know if there is any way that I can convert these to work on a Pentax K10d?

If not then I'll most probably put it up for sale.

If anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Danie

07-16-2008, 04:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I seem to remember someone using the instructions on this site How to Convert Your Minolta MC Rokkor 58mm f1.2 Lens to Canon EOS Mount but with a cheap m42 to K-mount adaptor instead of the canon mount to convert their lens. I don't know what lenses you have but something similar might work for you.
07-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
Pentaxian

The K mount register distance is almost 2mm longer than the MD mount. Whether or not you can adapt MD lenses to a K mount camera is probably moot, since you will lose infinity focus, and with shorter lenses, even long focus will be lost.
07-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
It is possible but you have to modify the lens. For more detail please see here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/18043-there-mo...k10d-body.html