Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, yes, on my K110D I get wide-open focusing and ttl metering with the plain K-mnt lens...so long as I press the AE-L "green button" briefly (which is actually black) to set the stopped down metering value, and then the camera stops back down to that aperture when I press the shutter. Of course more exposure modes would be available with the A setting on the aperture ring of the KA-mnt model.

I'm going to get a screw-in 55mm hood, and probably a better lens cap, since the original Tokina cap doesn't hold tightly as it should.

03-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #32

I know I am beating a dead horse, so I will make this short. I was looking to buy one of these TL lenses and I had to find a definitive explanation for the TL. I did a little research after reading this thread and came to the following conclusion. In 1971 Tokina changed its name from Tokina Optical Equipment Manufacturing to Tokina Optical Co. Ltd. Since it was implied in this series that the TL designation played no role in the marketing of the lenses, I believe the new ownership wanted to stamp its name on the new lenses and chose TL, the first letter of the first and last word in the new company name. If you look at the stylized lettering right side up or upside down, it's still the same. Making for a cool company logo. This should mean that all TL lenses were made in and after 1971. Sorry, for the late entry.