Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-13-2016, 03:47 PM   #16
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Quick question: Which is easier/quicker to use, LensAlign MkII or Spyder LensCal? Both are highly rated.
I've never tried LensAlign MkII, but both tools are essentially exactly the same idea but from different manufacturers - they are as effective as each other. The reason I chose the LensCal was purely convenience... It folds into position, then folds flat when not in use, and it's made of tough plastic, which means I can just put it in a desk drawer when I'm done using it. I believe the LensAlign tool has to be slotted together (and unslotted if and when you want to store it away) and is coated cardboard or something similar. The LensCal doesn't come with any software (I don't think LensAlign does either) - it's literally a fold up / fold down focusing chart that can be tripod mounted. You don't even get any instructions... it's assumed you know what to do (which I think is pretty poor for those who have never AF adjusted their lenses before and don't understand the process). But, there are plenty of places online that describe what to do, including here on PentaxForums.

06-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks BigMack, it's now on order waiting for check-out as soon as B&H reopens after their holiday later today.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 06-13-2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Posts moved. Request to move removed from message.
06-13-2016, 04:36 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mgvh Quote
I've ended up doing microadjustments on all my Pentax lenses. Of my 6 DA(L) lenses, I need +1 to +7 on my K-30. I'm wondering if the adjustment is a factor of the camera and/or of the lens.
Just picked up a new Pentax 100/2.8 Macro WR. I had to go -2 on the K-500 but it was perfect on the K-1.