Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #61
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
This is getting absolutely out of control...fukk you are 2 words.
I didn't want to alienate him further by pointing that out....
Anyway, this is too far away from the original topic to ever bring back.

07-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I suggest they stop releasing lenses to anyone but their top four Pentaxians.
07-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Would you two children just stop!

Ok we need a mod to erase like the last 3 pages of this thread and lock it.
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #64
Inactive Account

I like Turtles!

07-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #65
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by bigben91682 Quote
Sorry.....I just thought I would post something a little closer to the topic of the thread than what the current conversation is....
07-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #66
Veteran Member

I'v read all the posts on this 60-250 thread.

I to am waiting for one, but when some one posts a bunch of photos and basically says, only view these here, its a secret(to paraphrase) what does one expect. The internet is a BIG place and surly some one would google 60-250 and find the post.

I see nothing wrong in Pentax asking Chris to remove the photos. If the lens is not ready, its not ready. Its their product.

You guys need to go over to a Nikon forum to see what real bickering is about.

Dave
07-19-2008, 01:42 AM   #67
Syb
Veteran Member

I saw the pics Chris posted - and had to withdraw - too. And to be honest, I do not understand why. Will the results of the final lens be even better? Will we be able to tell? Will the lens look differently - for instance with the tripod mount on the downside? Will it be smaller? Or white-colored? I do not think so.

What about this scenario:

Pentax sent the lens to Chris: "Take it, use it, post some results somewhere."

And then, Chris doing as told, Pentax found there was too little discussion about the lens. So they thought: what can we do to draw more attention to the lens?

And then they agreed to send Chris an email.

"Hey, why don't you withdraw the images? If it results in more attention for the lens, you will get the lens for free!"

So Chris sent his post.

And now we are funding his free lens. And getting more attention to Pentax.
07-19-2008, 06:30 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
I saw the pics Chris posted - and had to withdraw - too. And to be honest, I do not understand why. Will the results of the final lens be even better? Will we be able to tell? Will the lens look differently - for instance with the tripod mount on the downside? Will it be smaller? Or white-colored? I do not think so.

And then, Chris doing as told, Pentax found there was too little discussion about the lens. So they thought: what can we do to draw more attention to the lens?

"Hey, why don't you withdraw the images? If it results in more attention for the lens, you will get the lens for free!"

So Chris sent his post.

Its more likely that Pentax legal said "if we let him do that further, it will be harder for us to win a lawsuit against someone who actually is posting images/info that are damaging." And Chris was contacted with a cease and desist.

07-19-2008, 06:32 AM   #69
Inactive Account

So Chris sent his post.

[sarcasm]that really does seem like the most tangible explanation[\sarcasm]
07-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #70
Veteran Member

NOOO I missed da bUZZ!!! Gah...I'm broken hearted now. Well, I suppose with Pentax, there's always good things from waiting a little longer although its getting progressively tougher on my wallet.

Hang in there Chris.
07-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #71
Veteran Member

The more I read this the more it seems like an attempt to draw attention to Chris, not some silly lens.

Case in point. The 60-250 thread has been removed yet this one still exists? Right..

Furthermore, I appreciate sneak peeks at new gear but, I really don't think some snap shots by a non-professional does Pentax any good and it certainly does not benefit me the consumer either. A proper review of the lens by professionals with comparable data from other lenses is best. And those outlets do exist so, let's leave these things to those who are better suited to judge. Thanks.
07-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #72
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
The more I read this the more it seems like an attempt to draw attention to Chris, not some silly lens.

Case in point. The 60-250 thread has been removed yet this one still exists? Right..

Furthermore, I appreciate sneak peeks at new gear but, I really don't think some snap shots by a non-professional does Pentax any good and it certainly does not benefit me the consumer either. A proper review of the lens by professionals with comparable data from other lenses is best. And those outlets do exist so, let's leave these things to those who are better suited to judge. Thanks.
I've been following this thread as it's good to get everything out but this is pretty sad. I am technically a professional photographer ( I own a business and pay taxes on it and make income from it and get cool deals on stuff because I'm a business owner), which is why I'm privy to so many things and Pentax understands who I am and what i do. Even Nikon tempted me with a free D300 so I must be doing something right and talking to the right people. I host photography classes locally and have done so at colleges as well.

Many have taken this thread to far but this is not about me, but an apology for not understanding exactly what was meant by my getting the lens to shoot. They know I'm a moderator on here yet there was no verbal or written agreement to not post and was allowed to shoot to my hearts content and have done so.

I'm not sure how you've come up with your conclusion but it's purely a poor one at that and feel insulted that I'm considered a non-professional and that I'd post to further my own good and I'm wondering how I'd prosper from posting these shots? No one will remember this a year from now while my photography will always be remembered...

Sad state of humanity.

But to everyone on this thread:

Everything is fine and it's all a story and heck, the guys at Pentax are excited because you got all excited about the lens. They know now they have a winner based on the words passed in the first thread but it is there call and not mine to pull the images. I have to obey what they ask me to do because I'm an honest joe. Don't be mad at Pentax for pulling this shots because the lens truly isn't ready for test shots to pop up everywhere and it could have ruined the lens more than made it popular.

Know that the lens is coming and soon enough isn't enough for many, but it will be here and it will be great.

BTW, there is no lens in the same class... there is no 60-250 and to compare it's lens diagram to a 70-200 with IF and internal zoom is impossible.
07-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote

Chris has been a lot of help in the past, with his evaluations and thoughts. I think it is fine that this thread exists, since I couldnít understand why the link in the other thread didnít work :

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/29240-so-where-s-60-250mm-f-4-buzz-6.html

But here was the explanation, and people could chime in, and most have felt that Pentax and Chris did the right thing.
I canít wait for September and see what PhotoKina brings us Pentaxians
07-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #74
Veteran Member

chris, the one big question that hopefully you can answer is this.. has pentax set a price, yet? i don't even care what the price is, just that they're not going to see the hype this has created, and raise the prices..
07-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #75
Not Registered

I saw the pics Chris posted - and had to withdraw - too. And to be honest, I do not understand why.
The last sneek peak from Chris comparing the K20d and the 40d ended up being used by Canon to show how well it performed compared to the K20d. I understand the scary thoughts in Pentax minds everytime they see a sneak peak from a prophesional like him.
Closed Thread