Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
focus off - what to do

I own a Super Takumar lens that I trough the short time of disposal have become fond of. But it did not take long before I realised that something was wrong. I had gotten a extreme macro-lens instead of the portrait lens I had reckoned. The world of manual focus is new to me, but I gather that I get about 3 meter of focus max, when the lens itself states 10, before I reach infinity focus.

You see where I am getting at. I am not very lens savy, but do anyone have any clue as to whether there is an easy way of adjusting the focus? Just thought I would ask. I was thinking that maybe the non-pentax m42 adapter trows the focus off balance, but maybe that is far fetched.

(For the record, I did order a certified Pentax adapter, but deliviry time of a true pentax adapter is nothing short of a disaster up here. I've waited for more then two months for the thing. According to Pentax Sweden, they will recive it in early Mars, go figure.)

02-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

What focal length--sounds short 50-70mm?
02-12-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you're using an adapter that has a protrusion like this one, your focus will always be slightly off. You'll have to wait to get the official Pentax adapter to be able to use screwmount lenses on a practical basis.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks!

The lens is a classical SMC 55 mm 1.8. If it is solved with the pentax adapter I will be happy, let's hope that it is as simple as that. Oh well, at least it's only less then a month until it arrives... For now it is not usable in the normal sense though. I'll post when the adapter arrives when I see if there is any differences.