Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2016, 06:59 AM - 3 Likes   #1

Website - History of Super-Takumar 50mm f1.4 (8 Element)

As some of you may already know, there is a website which goes into significant detail into the history of the Super-Takumar 50mm f1.4 8 element lens (taku-hachi). But unfortunately for us westerners, it is only written in Japanese text.

Therefore, I have taken it upon myself to translate the entire webpage into English. There simply isn't enough information about the 8 element lens available on the internet for non-Japanese speakers like myself, and Google translate hasn't yet reached the stage where it can provide an adequate translation of the text.

My goal is to compile a comprehensive, English website which covers the known history of the taku-hachi. I have contacted the owner of the Japanese website (Shisan) and he has kindly given me full permission to create an English version of his website. I am working closely with a native Japanese speaker to ensure the translation is as accurate as possible.

If you know of any other resources or forum members who may be able to add to this project, please let me know. This will be a work-in-progress for quite some time, so please do check back every now and again if this interests you.

geocities.jp/takumar8

Note: Please view the site on Google Chrome or Firefox browsers as it seems to have compatibility issues with Internet Explorer and Safari.

RR84

Last edited by RR84; 06-20-2016 at 06:01 AM.
06-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
this tak is a special lens, it's cool to see it getting it's own english-version website.
06-19-2016, 08:47 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for all your effort! I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate it. It was an interesting read.
06-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 to the thanks. I have a well-used copy (138xxxx) and it will be interesting to know more.

06-20-2016, 05:30 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for all the support. In the meantime, I've made a collection of Pentax shutter sounds to keep you occupied during this slow process.
06-20-2016, 05:34 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
wow. great start!

Could I suggest that you sellect a different font? It is a bit hard to read.

---------- Post added 06-20-2016 at 02:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RR84 Quote
Thanks for all the support. In the meantime, I've made a collection of Pentax shutter sounds to keep you occupied during this slow process.
It says: Invalid Source, when I press that link.