Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some early Zenit SLRs may have had a different size screw mount... I don't have the brain capacity to remember what, but these would be SLR lenses that theoretically might be adaptable. This info should be easily available on the net. The LTMs will be as though on extension tubes: macro.

Since some of us *ahem* have an LTM camera, Russian to be precise, just what LTM lenses are we talking about here?

07-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Since some of us *ahem* have an LTM camera, Russian to be precise, just what LTM lenses are we talking about here?
My problem lenses are a plain Industar-61 52/2.5 and an elegant Leitz Wetzlar Elmar 90/4. Coming soon: a Jupiter-8 50/2, an Industar-26M 50/2.8, an Industar-61 L/D 55/2.8, maybe a poor Leitz Elmar 50/3.5, maybe others. I don't know yet whether or which of the new lenses will be problems. I don't know yet what I'll do with the FED-2 bodies that will be bundled with those Industars. I don't know yet if I'll be murdered in my sleep. Ah, life is full of surprises.
07-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SM mount

While I can read that the thread has become a (valuable) technical and history lesson in thread diameters and pitches, doesn't SM stand for Screw Mount?

Is SM Mount a redundancy?
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Is SM Mount a redundancy?
Yes, screw mount is totally obsolete. Everyone can please send their old obsolete redundant SM lenses to me for proper disposal. Especially the Zeiss, Leitz, Schneider etc SM lenses. They are of no use to anyone now. You might as well include the SM cameras too. I'll take care of them all, for sure.

Last edited by RioRico; 07-22-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: syntax
07-23-2008, 03:47 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
My problem lenses are a plain Industar-61 52/2.5 and an elegant Leitz Wetzlar Elmar 90/4. Coming soon: a Jupiter-8 50/2, an Industar-26M 50/2.8, an Industar-61 L/D 55/2.8, maybe a poor Leitz Elmar 50/3.5, maybe others. I don't know yet whether or which of the new lenses will be problems. I don't know yet what I'll do with the FED-2 bodies that will be bundled with those Industars. I don't know yet if I'll be murdered in my sleep. Ah, life is full of surprises.
If they have cameras attached, maybe you can use them... the FED 2 is a cool camera (I only have the FED 3) though the viewfinder's a bit cramped. OTH it's better than an early Leica's.

You have a pretty good sounding LTM lens collection there.