Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2016, 09:53 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Took my "new" lens out for a spin! #3 (Warning, NSFB [Not safe for Bertwert :])

I've already posted a couple of pictures taken with my "new" macro lens here and here.

It rained yesterday, so that provided me with some interesting subject matter! This "bug" wasn't co-operating very well for a while, but he finally held still long enough for me to get his portrait!

EJM_0362 on Flickr

I love macro photography, it's a privilege to get to see God's creation up so close! We can't appreciate how intricate all the little details are until we've seen them at 1:1 magnification!

06-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Very Nice !

I'm sure Bertwert is going to be here drooling soon.....Maybe we should Help the Fella instead of making him covet our lenses ?
Shall one of us PF members go start a "Go Fund Me" Page for him to get a proper Macro setup ?
06-25-2016, 12:25 PM   #3

Incredible amount of details~!! What aperture did you use for this particular shot (I can't find info anywhere)?
06-25-2016, 02:42 PM   #4
Resident Bagpiper
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 12345 Quote
(Warning, NSFB [Not safe for Bertwert :])

I love the photo!

06-26-2016, 03:59 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice neutral background, which makes the colors really stand out. The droplet is the 'icing'.
06-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks guys!

QuoteOriginally posted by tgchan Quote
Incredible amount of details~!! What aperture did you use for this particular shot (I can't find info anywhere)?
That's a good question, I don't know why the aperture is not showing up! I'm quite sure it was either f/8 or f/11 though.

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
Nice neutral background, which makes the colors really stand out. The droplet is the 'icing'.
The "nice neutral background" in this case was a whiteboard that was leaning up against the side of the house! Not exactly the most "natural" background in the world, but it's blurred out enough that you'd never know! I normally like a more natural background, but I didn't have time to make changes as this picture came about!