Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DukeGordon Quote
Tried this and it doesn't sound like the shutter changes speeds one way or another. Doesn't hang or anything, but it is all the same speed regardless of the setting I have it on.
That's a Nikkormat EL. I think that version of the Nikkiormat has an electronic shutter so it may just need a new battery.

Edited to add: I should have Googled before I posted. lol Yeah...it does have an electronic shutter that requires a battery to work. Otherwise, it'll only fire at 1/90th of a second...which sounds like what is happening with yours. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikkormat

06-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
That's a Nikkormat EL. I think that version of the Nikkiormat has an electronic shutter so it may just need a new battery.

Edited to add: I should have Googled before I posted. lol Yeah...it does have an electronic shutter that requires a battery to work. Otherwise, it'll only fire at 1/90th of a second...which sounds like what is happening with yours. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikkormat

ahhh I see. I'll have to test it out!
06-29-2016, 05:20 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DukeGordon Quote
ahhh I see. I'll have to test it out!
If all else fails, 100 ASA film and Sunny Sixteen will get you going!
06-30-2016, 06:52 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice equipment collection bargain! Do you plan on using some of the lenses? Or do you just plan on reselling? I, personally, would have to test them all out before I could tolerate letting go of any of them.

06-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Nice equipment collection bargain! Do you plan on using some of the lenses? Or do you just plan on reselling? I, personally, would have to test them all out before I could tolerate letting go of any of them.
I'll be keeping the 50/1.4 and 28/2.8 for sure, and probably one of the 50/1.7s. I will consider keeping some of the others depending on how I like them.