Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2007, 04:51 AM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
No one is aware that Pentax has international warranty? If any of you read the T&A sheet in the Pentax box, you can service your lens anywhere in the world as long as there is a distributor in that country.

02-15-2007, 06:58 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adorama and Calumet

QuoteOriginally posted by -=JoN=- Quote
dont get me started w/ adorama. heh.

im starting to hate the staff there. so impersonal.

calumet, tho has very limited stock, will order what you need, albeit a tad higher than b/h and adorama. I like their staff there too, you can talk with them. one thing i did learn though, they all ask what gear I use, and I say K10d, and they all give it praise...and we end up having a 10 minute conversation on how everyone else likes the other stuff and pentax gets overlooked all the time
Ha! this is funny! I have the exact opposit experience. I find the staff at Adorama friendly and Calumet's decidedly cool. Tho to be fair to Calumet I rarely go there, while I frequently pop into Adorama. Have you ever tried 17th St. Photo? I've never even been by there but their online prices are similar to Adorama's.

NaCl(maybe it was the "I hate Calumet" hat I was wearing?)H2O
02-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by xecutech Quote

snip

I like to shop online as the prices are lower and I can use my paypal account, which is usually my mad money. I will keep looking around, or use this as am excuse to visit Canada!
I prefer online prices too. Unfortunately for me that means not dealing with any of the NY outlets, as I have to pay sales tax. I admit it is nice to go to a store handle the lens, try it on your camera if you want to, pay for it and walk out with it. Unfortunately for me that never happens. I walk out with the lens sure, but also 17 other things seem to just hop into my bag when I'm not looking! I get the lens I want, maybe a used lens, some other camera gear, a lens case, another lens pen and batteries. The lens that I went to get costs $400 and I end up $550 poorer by the time I walk out. BTW, B&H is worse than Adorama or Calumet for this...their store is bigger and they got more "stuff" out.

NaCl(maybe I should wear blinders like a horse when I go in)H2O
02-15-2007, 07:40 AM   #34
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
It is not just the region being reactive, but who Pentax Japan wants to support ATM.. For example here in Australia we still haven't had the DA70 in this country at all, and not because the local distributor hasn't ordered it.. I guess Pentax just don't seem to see us as worthwhile???
Your in the Wrong city mate, we have the DA 70 in shops here in Adelaide and the 21 as well.

Last edited by Cideway; 02-15-2007 at 07:46 AM.
02-15-2007, 05:11 PM   #35
Pentaxian

You Aussies should feel lucky. when I enquire about Pentax lenses they say, "Hang on, I'll see if we can get it from Australia"!!!