Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KPR mount?

Looking for extension tubes I came across this Pro Optic Auto Extension Tube Set for Pentax-KPR Mount, 3 Tubes... what is a KPR mounts and, can I use these tubes on a K100D?
FHPhotographer

07-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think the KPR mount is the Ricoh version of the K-mount. I would imagine they would work on your K100, but there's a small chance it won't.
07-19-2008, 11:16 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
Looking for extension tubes I came across this Pro Optic Auto Extension Tube Set for Pentax-KPR Mount, 3 Tubes... what is a KPR mounts and, can I use these tubes on a K100D?
FHPhotographer
As a general rule, I stay away from anything KPR (Ricoh) because of potential problems with the mounts being slightly incompatible. KzPR can have a slot in the mount that can foul the AF key and cause the accessory to jam.
I don't know if this is something to worry about with the tubes, but I would inspect the mount closely to ensure it is identical to the K mount before using it.
07-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
As a general rule, I stay away from anything KPR (Ricoh) because of potential problems with the mounts being slightly incompatible. KzPR can have a slot in the mount that can foul the AF key and cause the accessory to jam.
I don't know if this is something to worry about with the tubes, but I would inspect the mount closely to ensure it is identical to the K mount before using it.
The offending part (the Ricoh Pin of Stuckness) is a small protruding pin on the mounting flange that's almost directly opposite of the red dot (if you're looking at the base of the lens, and place the red dot at the 12:00 position, the pin is at about 6:20).

Just to make things even more confusing, there's another lens mount that has a contact in the same position but doesn't get stuck (e.g. old Vivitar lenses with the "PK-A/R" mount).

It might be possible to disassemble the extension tubes (all three ) and remove the offending pins; however, I wouldn't take a chance on this unless I could get the extension tube set at a very good price.

Last edited by troyz; 07-20-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added PK-A/R note