Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
07-11-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Bojidar Dimitrov is looking for someone to take over his page

I don't normally go to the welcome page of Bojidar Dimitrov's website, I usually go straight to the lens section, but for some reason today I did.

Pentax K-Mount Lenses and Lens Accessories

He has the following message listed:

"Looking for the biggest Pentax fan out there

Dear Pentax friends, it's difficult to write these words, but the time has come to "pass the relay" to someone else, someone with enough time and motivation to take over this web page and bring it back to glory. If you feel like this is you, or someone you know, get in touch with me. Let me know why you think you will do a great job with the KMP and point out 1-2 web-based projects which you've conceived and implemented."

I haven't "conceived and implemented" any web-based projects, maybe someone on this board might be able to "pick up the relay". It would be nice to see this page continue on.

Last edited by Odinz; 07-11-2016 at 01:35 PM.
07-11-2016, 11:10 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder if it couldn't be incorporated as a satellite resource page or affiliate of Pentax Forums, if Bojidar's happy for that to happen.
07-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I wonder if it couldn't be incorporated as a satellite resource page or affiliate of Pentax Forums, if Bojidar's happy for that to happen.
That's an outstanding idea. Even if it could just be archived and incorporated into the lens section.
07-11-2016, 01:02 PM - 12 Likes   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

We might just be able to help!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2016, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

We Don't want to let this Valuable rescource to Dissaper into Dark Deep Space !
07-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Please keep us informed and of course if there's anything we can all do to help.
07-11-2016, 01:31 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think that is a move worthy of serious consideration.

07-11-2016, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #8
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was browsing Bojidar Dimitrov's page for years before I ever discovered Pentax Forums. I agree that we should preserve it if we can.
07-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Yes that website is very useful and I hope the information will not be lost.

I also noticed it hasn't been updated for a while, perhaps if somebody else takes over we can get some new contents.
07-11-2016, 06:56 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Pentaxian

Three cheers for Boz for running it as long as he did.
07-11-2016, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #11
Veteran Member

I've used this page many times and have always enjoyed my visits there.

That being said, it is often nice to utilise a variety of resources when making a choice. EVEN IF Bojidar's site stays true to itself it will lose some of that "2nd opinion" it now gives. To state it differently - I consider a lens and venture here. I want a 2nd opition bdimitrov's site is great to enforce or contradict the 1st view. Maybe I'm out to lunch on that, but personally, if the only choice is here - great - keep it and maintain it and I hope all continues, but I'd personally like to see it remain separate.

We all know though, it's easy to offer an opinion while not actually helping - and I really don't want to sound negative here......
07-12-2016, 04:49 AM   #12
Pentaxian

What I enjoy the most about that site is the comment associated with most lenses. that and the optical design included most of the time.
07-12-2016, 08:40 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep a great site and I use it frequently and have been for years!

Phil.
07-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #14
Pentaxian

This sure is an interesting outlook. Would be delighted to see it materialize!
07-12-2016, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Three cheers for Boz for running it as long as he did.
It would be cool if somehow a little "Thank you" could be arranged for him from Pentax users and fans. I mean, I can email a "thank you" but a little group retirement gift would be sorta cool too. Just thinking out loud. . .