Inactive Account

Vivitar Lenses

I am trying to get some information regarding the following Vivitar Lenses

1) Vivitar MF 100-300mm f/5-22

2) Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 Macro Telephoto Lens

3) Vivitar 75-205mm f/3.8 Macro

4) Vivitar 100-300mm f/5.6 - f/6.7 Macro Focus Zoom

5) Vivitar 70-300mm f/4.2-5.8

Could anyone used any of these? How good/bad are them?

Thanking you in advance,

-IU

07-20-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
have you checked the third party lens review database?

I have not looked for the se specific ones but that is why the database exists.
07-20-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah these don't come up for discussion that often and I hope people will post more pictures and reviews of 3rd party lenses in that data base to help more shooters. You might also want to try Pbase for the images from a specific lens. Just Google "Pbase Vivitar XXX" and see what is there.
07-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iunknown Quote
I am trying to get some information regarding the following Vivitar Lenses

3) Vivitar 75-205mm f/3.8 Macro

Could anyone used any of these? How good/bad are them?

Thanking you in advance,

-IU
On DPR, there has been quite a few posts on K-mount "gems" by Adam-T and others. One of the lenses that was raved about was the one you have listed above.

Its a push-pull design with a 62mm filter diameter. I haven't used mine extensively but it is pretty sharp. Having a constant 3.8 all the way through the zoom range is nice, too.

07-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Kami Quote
On DPR, there has been quite a few posts on K-mount "gems" by Adam-T and others. One of the lenses that was raved about was the one you have listed above.

Its a push-pull design with a 62mm filter diameter. I haven't used mine extensively but it is pretty sharp. Having a constant 3.8 all the way through the zoom range is nice, too.
I have this lens and the matched doubler that goes with it. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the lens both with and without the doubler. Good contrast, sharpness and color rendetion. I purchased a Super Program on ebay and the lens came with it. At the time I considered it just a bonus and planned to sell it to reduce the price of the Super Program. But I have decided to keep it after trying the lens. It is quite heavy though so I don't carry it unless I need the reach of a 150mm - 410mm zoom. With the matched doubler attached it works out to approximately a maximum aperture of 6.7 or so but it works OK with fast film with plenty of sunlight like we have here in California. I haven't tried the macro.
Mike