Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2017, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hello,

Reviving this thread as I now know more.
After 2 copies sent back under warranty, I had my third copy and... boom, happened again recently. Autofocus stuck.
Which lead to asking myself what the hell am I doing wrong : it always happened while zooming back (say from ~200mm to ~80mm) somehow quickly, and autofocusing at the same time threw AF-AEL button. Nothing dramatic on this point...

Then I saw the light (yes, it took time :/), that it might me originating from my K3II, or the from connection between the DSLR and the telezoom.
So I switched AF->M on the DSLR and manual focus was indeed working without a flaw. I forgot now if this had been the case with my former copies... but I feel really stupid not having tried that if this was the case !
Switch again M->AF and was working again.
Happened a couple of times again since, and I just switched AF->M, manually turn the focus ring, and M->AF : it solved it.

I tried to have a look on the connection since, cleaned it, nothing seems wrong with it, and after a few days of extensive use I didn't have the problem again.

So in the end, it just seems to be a gentle connecting problem / maybe the K3II AF/M switch.
I've never had this happen with any other lens than my 60-250 tho. It's also the one I use extensively...

I hope this experience can bring light to someone having this problem !