Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2016, 09:05 AM   #1

Tokina 80-200 RMC f4 - Pentax K mount?

Hi,

I just bought this lens on ebay, but the seller did not know the mount, not really into photography.

For 6 i took the risk, and am currently trying to discover the mount, which i believe to be pentax K.

Is anyone able to confirm so that i can buy in the recquired adaptor since i will also be using this on both a pentax K mount a sony e-mount?

Sorry for the photo quality but its was the seller had.

Thanks a lot!

Attached Images

08-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not pentax. Pretty sure its OM (old olympus) actually double set of f numbers is suggestive of nikon F ....Nikon. red dot on pentax would be on the opposite side, as would the f numbers, red dot would be at 12 0 clock relative to f numbers.

FYI
SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide

Last edited by marcusBMG; 08-26-2016 at 11:32 AM.
08-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #3

Although the image is not very clear I seem to make out a notch in the bayonet tab and a tab on the aperture ring. Give the relative positions of the red alignment dot, notch and aperture lever I would say this is a Minolta SR (MD) manual focus lens. If this is the case you will need an adapter which are available.

The very expensive Novoflex adapter will give you auto aperture function. Lower cost adapters will be full manual.

Post more photos of the mount from various angles would help. There should be a 2 to 5 letter code on the mount somewhere that would tell you what mount it is for. Minolta is typically MC/MD or Min.
08-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I concede the point Not a Number. what I thought was a lens lock pin slot is just a reflection.
This is (almost) the same lens:

Tokina 80-200mm F3.5-4.5 Rmc Lens Minolta Md-mount #848 | What's it worth

with two sets of f numbers (wot confused me)!

MD/MC mounts no use to pentax users, only mirrorless.

Last edited by marcusBMG; 08-26-2016 at 01:47 PM.
08-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
I concede the point Not a Number. what I thought was a lens lock pin slot is just a reflection.
This is (almost) the same lens:

Tokina 80-200mm F3.5-4.5 Rmc Lens Minolta Md-mount #848 | What's it worth

with two sets of f numbers (wot confused me)!

MD/MC mounts no use to pentax users, only mirrorless.
Thanks.

I will buy a minolta adaptor and test once i receive the lens.

As i already have a m42 and canon fd, i will only be missing a nikon one i guess for the mirrorless.