Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-30-2016, 10:06 PM   #16
HYS
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The lens is claimed to be K-mount (for Pentax).
I have the same lens (but Samyang) with A (aperture transfer). Very fine lens.

08-31-2016, 04:16 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."
08-31-2016, 09:30 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gabriel_bc Quote
How about everyone who sees this send him a message on ebay? <evil grin>
How about everyone report the listing...<more and bigger evil grin>

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."
...too late

Steve
08-31-2016, 06:23 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are several possibilities:
-- A previous owner stored a Nikon-mount lens in a box for a Pentax K-mount lens, and this seller "knows" the lens is K-mount because the box says so.
-- A lazy seller set up a new listing with a title and description for one kind of lens, and photos from a previous listing, or of another item.
-- The seller saw a K-mount once, several years ago, and thinks this lens has that mount because he doesn't know the finer differences and similarities of camera mounts.

There is someone selling a Konica AR lens on ebay saying it is a K-mount, when the Konica AR mount is not compatible with Pentax. There is some similarity between their looks, but the registration is way different. I wrote the guy, explaining the problem, but he just keeps relisting the lens as K-Mount. Eventually some unlucky person will buy it and try to stick it on a Pentax, and the the seller is going to have a big problem, it it will serve him right!

09-01-2016, 07:14 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The seller relisted the lens with a corrected set of pictures, clearly showing that the lens WAS the K-mount version, and it's already sold. They even reshot the "with box" photo. Given their 100% feedback rating and the effort they appear to be making to photograph every item they list, I really think they just made an honest mistake and mixed up the image files from the two 14/2.8 listings.

BTW, I did a quick eBay search for "(Samyang,Rokinon,Bower) Pentax", and 95+% of the listings (including Adorama) use stock images with the wrong mount type. Some are clearly marked 'EOS', 'CA', or 'NI' instead of 'KR', but Samyang stopped marking their later lenses this way. This is why some folks insist that Samyang makes both K- and KA- versions of lenses (they don't - if the aperture ring doesn't have an 'A' setting, it's not the K-mount version).
09-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
The seller relisted the lens with a corrected set of pictures, clearly showing that the lens WAS the K-mount version, and it's already sold. They even reshot the "with box" photo. Given their 100% feedback rating and the effort they appear to be making to photograph every item they list, I really think they just made an honest mistake and mixed up the image files from the two 14/2.8 listings.

BTW, I did a quick eBay search for "(Samyang,Rokinon,Bower) Pentax", and 95+% of the listings (including Adorama) use stock images with the wrong mount type. Some are clearly marked 'EOS', 'CA', or 'NI' instead of 'KR', but Samyang stopped marking their later lenses this way. This is why some folks insist that Samyang makes both K- and KA- versions of lenses (they don't - if the aperture ring doesn't have an 'A' setting, it's not the K-mount version).
I confess. I wrote a low key message to the seller saying I was absolutely certain that picture #3 was not a K-mount and giving specific reasons why.

Within a few minutes I received a very polite response saying that they would fix the listing.
09-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #22

Photos: Gallery
I have mine up for sale if you're interested. Moved back to Crop and needed something wider. It's a nice lens.