Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is this lens (on ebay) a Pentax K mount?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

It's a Rokinon 14/2.8, which should be a KA mount, correct? This lens looks like it's some other mount - anyone know?

Rokinon 14mm F2 8 Full Frame Ultra Wide Angle Lens FOR Pentax | eBay

08-30-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not 100% sure what it is, but I agree that that mount does not look like a K mount. And there is no "A" setting on the aperture ring, which the Pentax version should have. Box says for Pentax, but I don't think the lens is.
08-30-2016, 06:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
I'm not 100% sure what it is, but I agree that that mount does not look like a K mount. And there is no "A" setting on the aperture ring, which the Pentax version should have. Box says for Pentax, but I don't think the lens is.
By looking at the lettering on this lens, and comparing it to other photos online, I think it says NI on the barrel. Nikon? Nikon 1?

I've sent a message to the seller telling them it's not a Pentax mount.
08-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The lens is Nikon F, but the box says Pentax K.

Steve

08-30-2016, 07:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I wouldn't buy from a seller who doesn't list the mount properly.

Beyond that, the lens shown clearly is not K mount, so presumably not an option.
08-30-2016, 08:08 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The seller also has a listing for a Rokinon 14/2.8 in Nikon mount. It looks like the "with box and bag" pictures are different (and correct for their respective mounts), but the "lens only" pictures are all the Nikon lens. Since they went to the effort to do different photographs of the lens with box, it may be just an honest mixup, although there is a long tradition of Samyang/Rokinon/Bower/whatever sellers (I'm talking B&H, Adorama, Amazon...) only having one picture for all versions of a lens.
08-30-2016, 08:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The seller replied, and says it is a Pentax mount. I replied and told him it was a Nikon mount.

08-30-2016, 08:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Its a Stupid Mixup most likely ? Ebay sellers are sometimes idiots about camera lenses even though they may have several for sale.....NOT A PENTAX GUARANTEED !!! The side mounted contacts are a dead giveaway its something else.....PASS ON IT !
You could always take a chance and buy it and when it actually shows up with a PK mount claim it as not as described/pictured and show the correct pictures instead of the Nikon mount listed.....Get it for FREE in a dispute !
Sure that's dirty and underhanded , but that will teach him a lesson to get his listings right.....Cheers !....

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 08-30-2016 at 09:02 PM.
08-30-2016, 09:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think he's just lazy, and took pictures of his Nikon lens and used the pics for both listings.
08-30-2016, 09:09 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gabriel_bc Quote
I think he's just lazy, and took pictures of his Nikon lens and used the pics for both listings.
That's a No No on Ebay !
There is two things that make the World Go Round.....BIG Fishes and LITTLE Fishes......I would eat this one up in a split second given the chance !
08-30-2016, 09:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
How about everyone who sees this send him a message on ebay? <evil grin>
08-30-2016, 09:20 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Oh I'm sure this post will make it back to him through the PF Grapevine......lol..... Several here will make sure of that !
The last time something similar happened like this , someone was threatened with Federal Criminal Court !
I'm sure Parallax will be along soon with some Input and take my "Pot Stirring Stick" away ........lol.....

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 08-30-2016 at 10:05 PM.
08-30-2016, 09:30 PM   #13
Pentaxian

I've done it, and I even explained in short sentences of short words how eBay policies favor the buyers.
08-30-2016, 09:32 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's a Rokinon 14/2.8, which should be a KA mount, correct? This lens looks like it's some other mount - anyone know?

Rokinon 14mm F2 8 Full Frame Ultra Wide Angle Lens FOR Pentax | eBay
Says "NI" (Nikon) in one of the product photos. The main photo looks like the K mount, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2016, 09:37 PM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

BTW......do yourself a favor and pass on ANY 14mm 2.8 Samyang or rebranded derivative for this lens. The chances are very high its up for sale for a "reason" such as decentered elements , or incorrect calibration.
Buy this one from a reputable dealer such as Adorama or B&H as a return is common.