Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
I believe I have LBA!!!!!!

Ok, I have had my k10d for 2 weeks now. I purchased it with the kit lens and now I have gone crazy. I think it's LBA, btw what does that acronym mean?

A week after I got the camera and kit lens, I bought the 50-200. Then I ordered the 10-17 fisheye lens.

Today, I went overboard and bought a da-70 and a fa-43, both limited models. I am not buying anymore lenses, especially if my wife catches me!

Funny thing is that I haven't recieved the last 3 lenses yet and they should all be here by this weekend. I have a VERY interesting weekend coming up.

02-13-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Lens Buying Addiction..........
02-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dave sz Quote
Lens Buying Addiction..........

That about explains it. How do you stop it? Besides buying every lens out there.
02-14-2007, 02:16 AM   #4

Turn all finances to your wife

02-14-2007, 03:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xecutech Quote
Ok, I have had my k10d for 2 weeks now. I purchased it with the kit lens and now I have gone crazy. I think it's LBA, btw what does that acronym mean?

A week after I got the camera and kit lens, I bought the 50-200. Then I ordered the 10-17 fisheye lens.

Today, I went overboard and bought a da-70 and a fa-43, both limited models. I am not buying anymore lenses, especially if my wife catches me!

Funny thing is that I haven't recieved the last 3 lenses yet and they should all be here by this weekend. I have a VERY interesting weekend coming up.
Lens Buying Addiction

Oh Yeah, You've go it baaaaaad. Quick Cut up all your credit cards before it's to late.

QuoteQuote:
I am not buying anymore lenses, especially if my wife catches me!
hmm.... Where have I heard that before.
02-14-2007, 04:53 AM   #6
Veteran Member

That about explains it. How do you stop it? Besides buying every lens out there.
You've answered your own question--the only known cure for LBA is to keep buying lenses.

Sure, there's willpower, but where's the fun in that?

I bought my k100d last September along with the kit lens and the 50-200.

I didn't buy another lens until about 2 weeks ago. Since then, I have bought three lenses.

But I can control it. I can stop anytime I want to.
02-14-2007, 05:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Wow, that is definitely impulsive buying with 3 Da limited in a row!

I wished I could afford these 3 lenses right now!

Would love to see your shots from them

02-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah, those are some of the symptoms. The diagnosis: LBA.

;-)
02-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #9

Original Poster
Well, I am going to be busy with these new lenses, so that should distract me from purchasing. Then again, I visit the forum and start researching again. I am an impulse buyer and have bad spending habits, and I know this!

There is only 1 other lens I want, at the moment, but I will try to wait and see what comes out next month first. I have been thinking about the Sigma 100-300 f4.
02-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #10
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by MPrince Quote
But I can control it. I can stop anytime I want to.

Of course you can.

I can stop anytime as well.

BTW, did I mention that I just ordered the DA 16-45 F/4.0 ED AL and some accessories?
02-14-2007, 07:54 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, I am going to be busy with these new lenses, so that should distract me from purchasing. Then again, I visit the forum and start researching again. I am an impulse buyer and have bad spending habits, and I know this!

There is only 1 other lens I want, at the moment, but I will try to wait and see what comes out next month first. I have been thinking about the Sigma 100-300 f4.
I am in the throes of LBA at the moment. I now have three different pentax 100mm lenses, the F4 bellows lens, the F2.8 SMC A, and the D FA F2.8, so which one do I get rid of? If I sold the modern lens, would I miss it and just have to get another one? Maybe I should sell the kit lens from my *Ist D, now that I have the Sigma 10-20 and a 24mm Sigma F2.8, and a 35mm SMC F2.8 and a 50mm SMC F1.4. Or I could sell the Sigma Compact Hyperzoom 28-300mm. Trouble is, I just want to keep them all. They're mine I tell you, all mine....burble burble bur.....................
02-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #12

Original Poster
I almost asked you how much you wanted for the Sigma 28-300, but then I slapped myself and now I am back in reality!

No more lenses................
02-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #13
Veteran Member

There is no cure for LBA... There are only management options.
02-14-2007, 08:43 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Okay. I have the cure!

Everyone who really gets a strong urge to buy a lens and they're not sure they'll be able to overcome it... Buy a lens for me! See, what will happen here is that you will spend the money, giving you the feeling you bought a lens, because after all, you did. Just not for yourself! This feeling will be the same initial feeling, and when I start shooting with the lens you just bought me it will give you a sense of jealousy. You want that lens, that's why you bought it, right? So you buy another, bigger, even more awesome lens. Again sending it to me. You get the same feeling of euphoria buying a lens that runners get after each mile. Again, I'm taking lots of pictures with what you feel is rightfully your lens. At this point, you can only associate lenses with the pain it brings, watching someone else take pictures with something you spent money on.

It's a win-win.

To enroll in the Lenses for Buschy program please send an application via pm including name, email, and what type of lenses you are currently looking to buy (him).
02-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #15
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote
Of course you can.

I can stop anytime as well.
Not only can I stop ~any~ time I want to, I have already proven it - I have stopped ~many~ times, in fact.

;-)