Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2008, 03:09 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is a very cool vignette! Probably some of it is from the lens shade? Makes the whole thing look like it's from a carnival.

This is fun: our own picture thread of digital on film!

07-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute when I get home from work tonight. Finally got my scanner working. I'll see if I can find my pictures of the DA 50-200 on film. It does vignette at all focal lengths, but it's fun to see.
07-22-2008, 12:13 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clawhammer Quote
Hopefully I'll be able to contribute when I get home from work tonight. Finally got my scanner working. I'll see if I can find my pictures of the DA 50-200 on film. It does vignette at all focal lengths, but it's fun to see.
cool, I look forward to checking them out.
07-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #19
Pentaxian

May I kindly bring my thread to your attention then?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/31629-da-lens-...ts-thread.html

Among others, it contains images of DA 50-200 on film

Back on topic...

Chasseur d'Images tested the DA 17-70 a while ago. It got a very good review with its (only) weak point being a bit soft at the border full open at 70mm.

07-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Unless there are some moderators who shoot film, this misplaced topic could actually stay here forever.
There may be soon.

Bill
07-22-2008, 09:27 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Ah, I was unaware of your thread Falconeye. I'll post my DA 14 images here and there, although I don't have the aperture data.
07-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clawhammer Quote
I'll post my DA 14 images here and there, although I don't have the aperture data.
That's great! My P3N wouldn't even tell me the aperture and of course, one never records those So, I took my test shoots on tripod and in poor light.

I will soon re-iterate on the topic. I've got me some 800 lp/mm b&w film from www.adox.de (which is a photon's wavelength resolution of 0.6 microns!) and I am very curious to find out how much headroom above the K20D sensor (5 microns) is there for some lenses

Caveat: I've not yet figured out how to inspect the film. My film scanner resolves at 8.7 microns only which I can bring down to 4 microns using superresolution tricks. Beyond that, I need a decent microscope. And I guess focussing at that precision isn't possible at all. I probably better stick to a plain FF test
07-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #23
Veteran Member

crap, they switched the thread! Anyways, after a reformat of my hard drive and other related issues, here are my DA 14 results in all their glory.

These are as close as I could get to FF- with the heavy vignette I had a hard time finding the edge of the film when scanning. I wish I had some points of reference to help you get a handle on the perspective, but the small white sign in the middle of the last picture is a standard-sized speed-limit sign, and I wasn't as far away from it as the picture suggests.