Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2016, 12:21 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
At this point, there are apparently well over 50 various teleconverters that have been made for the Pentax mount with "at least" "A" contacts. Who knew. So who is going to collect all of them?

03-28-2018, 05:51 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sorry for raising an old thread from the grave, but I came across this one on eBay.

Rokunar Pentax AF PZ Mount 1.7X Converter

Rokunar Pentax AF PZ Mount 1.7X Converter lens + caps may work with digital | eBay

I wonder if it's worth trying. But with those 2 hemispherical lenses I don't think I have a lens it would work with. And I don't know if it would work with the K-1.
03-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #33
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by oscaletrains Quote
Kenko Pz-AF 1.5x Teleplus SHQ
Seems there are actually two versions of this one. One magnifies 1.4x (possibly a clone of the Tamron-F 1.4X Pz_AF) and the other a bit over 1.5x. Teleconverter magnification comparison. (5 imgs): Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
03-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Craigbob Quote
Sorry for raising an old thread from the grave, but I came across this one on eBay.

Rokunar Pentax AF PZ Mount 1.7X Converter

Rokunar Pentax AF PZ Mount 1.7X Converter lens + caps may work with digital | eBay

I wonder if it's worth trying. But with those 2 hemispherical lenses I don't think I have a lens it would work with. And I don't know if it would work with the K-1.
That TC looks almost identical to the Kenko Pz-AF 1.5x Teleplus SHQ I have. I suspect it is probably the same TC but just re-branded.

I found it good on the DA*300 but the focusing becomes very slow, more so on zoom lenses. Worth having for those few occasions you may need a longer lens but obviously the IQ will not be the same.

While it works great on the DA*300 lens, it noticeably degrades the image quality with my Pentax 100 Macro WR lens. That kind of surprised me and makes me realize that Nikon's approach to having dedicated TCs for lenses seems to be the correct one. Makes sense I guess as the TC is effectively the next set of elements in the lens.

Has this been other people's experience too?