Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-26-2008, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
List of announcement dates for Pentax lenses and bodies

Greetings all. I was bored today and so I put together a little chart showing the announcement dates for Pentax DA lenses and digital SLRs. I've always been a little curious about the order in which the lenses were introduced, so I did a little homework.

If you see any errors, please notify me along with a link to an official press release so that I can update my chart. The spreadsheet is available on my website.

I offer this data to the community to use how they may. My only request is that any changes or expansions of any kind made from this chart be made available to the public at no cost or charge.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Pentax Product Dates.pdf (21.0 KB, 519 views)
07-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Syb
Veteran Member

Thanks!

I read this chart as follows: "The next announcement is to be expected approximately september 13." Is that just me, or do more people see it that way?
07-26-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There does seem to be a trend going for 9/13. However, I'll bet something closer to 9/23- photokina
07-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would be interesting to have a "release date" column to see what the trend of lag time there is between announcement and being able to physically buy the gear...

07-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Any ideas on how to find that data? We could use forum archives for some more recent lenses, but contemporary info about pentax lenses dries up from about 2005 back. Perhaps a big dealer like B&H might have some info on when they first got a lens?
07-27-2008, 02:05 AM   #6
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very popular periods are:
1. September, 13,
2. close to the end of February, 17-23,
3. August,
4. the end of the May till the end of June.

I hope that we can see something in September and than in winter - january or february.