Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I think the only other lenses of the era that can compete with the old Hexanons are the OM lenses from Olympus.
And of course our dear pentaxes

11-07-2008, 01:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I found a bunch of Hexanons in good condition. How can I modify them for use as macro 1:1 lenses on Pentax? Is there anything else I can do with them? I know they won't focus to infinity, but how far would they focus?
07-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Any tips? The ones I have in hand right now are Hexanon AR 50/1.7 and Hexanon AR 28/3.5
07-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #19
Veteran Member

just bringing this old post up again ... would love some advice

05-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, I have the same dilemma.
I have AR50/1.7 , AR50/1.8 and Photax 2x teleconverter (KO).
I purchased 2 sets of cheap Chinese extension tubes with K mount from eBay and semipermanently ( rubber band ) attached the lenses to the smallest tube, have also teleconverter and macro2x-teleconverter with K mount. you can create various combinations going well over 1:1.
The biggest problem is DOF and how to convince all bugs to stay still?!
Now I am looking for old set of extension tubes with Konica mount ( they do not make them in China ) and will make Konica to K extension tube adaptor.
My friend actually purchased something like that ( Konica smallest tube welded/screwed onto Pentax smallest tube ) home made in US in second hand shop few years ago.
kind regards
jack
05-23-2011, 03:33 AM   #21
Veteran Member

A a basic technique for adapting strange glass.

I bought many cheap Chinese PK macro tube sets, whose extension pieces have about 60mm thread and 57mm inner diameter; any thinner lens easily slides in. I have adapted several weird lenses (projector, xray, etc) by using contact cement to glue a short macro section to the lens body, so other sections can be screwed on, and mounted on bellows or camera. Sometimes I need to wrap rubber bands around the lens body to stabilize it within the tubes.

Every lens-chopper should have a batch of macro tubes on hand.