Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-Mount Trick! (& Question)

I am waiting for a k-mount 135mm f2.8 lens from eeebay (with the best name EVER! the Magnum!!!), but have been playing around with my new-to-me k-mount 28mm f2.8. I have tried to use stop down metering with no luck.

What I found works is that instead of locking in the lens, you set the lens to f22 (or smallest aperture), start to put the lens on, and stop turning when the aperture blades start to move just a little bit. Then you can use the TTL metering while turning the aperture wheel. It works like a charm!

Now my question to you is how do you stop down meter? I've heard to use the optical preview, press the AE-L button, the take the picture. Bt my pics come out way over/under exposed.

Another question, when I try to use the built-in flash it is completely over-exposed (even with the flash exposure compensation to -2) Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ghost; 07-28-2008 at 10:33 AM.
07-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

K100D (Super) Pictorial guide to using manual lenses [imgs] [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

second post down titled "shooting" explains step by step how to stop down a manual lens on a K100D. Hope that helps.
07-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
K100D (Super) Pictorial guide to using manual lenses [imgs] [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

second post down titled "shooting" explains step by step how to stop down a manual lens on a K100D. Hope that helps.
Thanks! My problem was that it wasn't put in M "Mode". Thanks for the link!
07-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As to using flash, and this is for any flash with any lens, proper exposure relies more on the aperture than shutter speed. In this specific case, the flash will fire at full power, so you will need to stop down the aperture to one that will give you the exposure you need.