Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
11-14-2016, 04:38 PM - 2 Likes   #31
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I have no opinion about the lens besides it being crazy expensive. An FA 200 f4 macro would be in range of this price.

However I think it is rude to accuse another user of bad faith. He has stated his reasons and said he tested the lens. I personally toss out a lot of test shots after I make my comparisons and determine preferences. Badgering someone and implying they are lying is rude and fails to move the debate past he said she said.

Post some of your own comparisons to have people see what you see. Lead with evidence and be a positive example of why this place rocks.
Somehow I don't think the OP would have expected this discussion to have ensued. I most certainly didn't.

I share your sentiment about the positive aspects of the forum, but I just asked for some substance to the subjective statements offered. He doesn't have to like the focal length for his photography let alone the rest of his negative views. And I respect that. Each to their own.

But his estimated value of the lens is in the same basket as that ebay seller trying to take advantage of a Pentaxian. A brand new 21 Milvus is less than US$1900. And that's more than many are prepared to pay for what this lens is. Again; fair enough. And if Karl thinks it's worth $600 so be it, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. But if you back up your statement with 'I tested it', then I would love to see what made him come to that conclusion because maybe I'm missing something when using my Zeiss 21.

Lead with evidence you say? Okay, well I don't do testing with charts, brick walls etc but I can offer examples of what I've captured with the 21. Plenty of which can be found in this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/227446-carl-zeiss-t-zk-mou...ro-planar.html Most of my posts are links back to my Flickr page, so feel free to have a laugh at my mediocre efforts there too if you wish.

Beyond that I can offer you the opportunity to see what this lens can and can't do as viewed on your own set up at home. Full size jpeg and DNG RAW can be accessed at these links:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/32...ing-193-a.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/33...ing-195-a.html

In the first post of each of these threads you will find a link to the full size images captured using the K-1 and the Zeiss Distagon T* 21/2.8 ZK. These images will let you and whoever else wants to, see what this lens did in these two situations. Pleae note, these images were selected as a challenge to post processing skills so you will have to work on them before you can properly see the strengths/weaknesses of the lens, camera and no doubt me.

OTYBL.

11-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Best we talk down the K mount Zeiss lenses.... so hopefully I can afford one or two one day! (this goes for some Leica stuff as well).

Personally, I can't wait for LeRolls to get a 100/2! (maybe we should start a collection?)

Last edited by noelpolar; 11-14-2016 at 05:40 PM.
11-14-2016, 06:54 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Just love it... all these "ignore list" people are posting and I can't read a single word that they have said
I"m sorry I was "ignoring" you at the moment. What did you say?
11-14-2016, 06:54 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Exclusion making progress.
But hopefully, thing ridicule will continue not being fatal...

11-14-2016, 07:01 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Imagine a thread where everyone is on everyone's ignore list. That would be a pretty one sided thread and one quick read LOL.
11-14-2016, 09:16 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
Imagine a thread where everyone is on everyone's ignore list. That would be a pretty one sided thread and one quick read LOL.
I hear ya...... just in case you were wondering....
11-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Somehow I don't think the OP would have expected this discussion to have ensued. I most certainly didn't.

I share your sentiment about the positive aspects of the forum, but I just asked for some substance to the subjective statements offered. He doesn't have to like the focal length for his photography let alone the rest of his negative views. And I respect that. Each to their own.

But his estimated value of the lens is in the same basket as that ebay seller trying to take advantage of a Pentaxian. A brand new 21 Milvus is less than US$1900. And that's more than many are prepared to pay for what this lens is. Again; fair enough. And if Karl thinks it's worth $600 so be it, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. But if you back up your statement with 'I tested it', then I would love to see what made him come to that conclusion because maybe I'm missing something when using my Zeiss 21.

Lead with evidence you say? Okay, well I don't do testing with charts, brick walls etc but I can offer examples of what I've captured with the 21. Plenty of which can be found in this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/227446-carl-zeiss-t-zk-mou...ro-planar.html Most of my posts are links back to my Flickr page, so feel free to have a laugh at my mediocre efforts there too if you wish.

Beyond that I can offer you the opportunity to see what this lens can and can't do as viewed on your own set up at home. Full size jpeg and DNG RAW can be accessed at these links:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/32...ing-193-a.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/33...ing-195-a.html

In the first post of each of these threads you will find a link to the full size images captured using the K-1 and the Zeiss Distagon T* 21/2.8 ZK. These images will let you and whoever else wants to, see what this lens did in these two situations. Pleae note, these images were selected as a challenge to post processing skills so you will have to work on them before you can properly see the strengths/weaknesses of the lens, camera and no doubt me.

OTYBL.
Thank you for taking the time to post this. I appreciate your expertise.

11-15-2016, 01:17 AM   #38
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Thank you for taking the time to post this. I appreciate your expertise.
No worries, but expertise is a big call.