Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #1

70mm Limited over-exposing

I've had my 70mm Limited for a few weeks, and it is pretty consistently over exposing by .5 to 1 stop often resulting in unrecoverable hot areas. I compensate with the EV control, but it's annoying that I have to keep adjusting this if switching between lenses. This is on a K20D. My other lenses are exposing fine, and yes I always shoot RAW.

I had rented a 70mm and used it at a wedding on my old DS and had the same issue where many (but not all) photos were too hot and had to get dialed back in Aperture.

Is this a common issue with this lens? Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Adam

07-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Hi Adam

I don't own this lens, but can tell you that I get a similar thing with the FA 77. The metering on my K10D is off with this lens (it wants to shoot dark) compared to my other ones for some reason (I use spot metering). It's easy to adjust to...I just take a test shot and reset the shutter speed to accommodate. Over the past couple of weeks I've been able to fine tune it by adjusting the shutter speed (I use manual mode) accordingly in advance, to avoid changing EV - which I may forget to adjust when switching lenses.

c[_]
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

It's usual on wide open I think is not a problem.

P.S. Try to use exposure meter from all frame [o]