Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flaunt your "Miida"-labeled lenses or other photographic equipment!

A few months ago I ran across the Miida name on a very nice set of m42 thread automatic extension tubes, and after a bit of research I discovered that Miida was the English abbreviation for a Japanese department store that ordered not only camera equipment, but also all sorts of things, to be manufactured with their own label for sale in Japan and also for export. While I don't think Miida had a massive store chain like Sears or J.C. Penney, when it comes to photography equipment, what they did looks similar.

Miida lenses and other photo gear seem far less common than do similar Sears photo products, and consequently they have less of a chance to develop a cult following (See the Sears Lens Club thread for reference). PF and other photography related forums occasionally field questions from members who have just stumbled onto their first piece of Miida gear appealingl for information, which is often not provided since not many people know that much about the Miida line. Nonetheless, a search of that big auction website's Camera and Photo category will find a few dozen Miida offerings, including a few priced well north of $100.

I don't think I'm letting the cat out of the bag when I say that all online discussion forums have their lurkers. By that, I mean people who know more than they are saying, not just people who don't participate very much. And then, too, there are shy people or people who might not know that something in their gadget bag is notable for some reason. But, shy people and lurkers (okay, and all the extroverts, too) who have some Miida photo gear or know something about the Miida camera equipment line, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO SHINE!

Post a picture of your Miida lenses or other photo equipment, say what you know about them, and ask questions, too, if you have them. Maybe there is much more Miida ownership, experience, and knowledge here at PF than any of us knew. Maybe we can create a small pool of Miida knowledge and appreciation right here.

- - - - -

To start things off, here is a picture of my Miida extension tubes. Don't they look great? And they work just like they should, too.

Last edited by goatsNdonkey; 11-29-2016 at 01:28 PM.
11-29-2016, 02:09 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I Miida known somone had a set of those!

(sorry, I couldn't resist that )
11-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
You say M-eye-da, and I say M-EE-da,
You say Toe-may-toe and I say Toe-mah-toe.....
11-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As this is about lenses, it's been moved to the SLR Lens Discussion Forum.

As the sticky at the top of General Talk says, "Photography related threads do not belong in Gen Talk"

11-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Miida-labeled photography goods included tripods and camera gear bags, all sorts of accessories, not just lenses and lens related items like my extension tubes.

THIS THREAD is inviting PF members to post pictures and talk about ANY OF that Miida photo stuff, NOT just lenses. That is why I made the very responsible decision to open the thread in Gen Talk, and not in Lenses, because if somebody posts a picture of their own copy of this very expensively for sale on ebay Miida camera bag --

--- somebody monitoring the Lenses section would have a cow and bump the thread to Gen Talk or someplace else.

Please move this thread to a more general forum section than the Lenses one. Incidentally, before I opened this thread in Gen Talk, the most recent thread there was also about photography.
I'm pretty sure that camera lenses of any sort, tripods, bags, etc., are photography related.
"Photography related threads do not belong in Gen Talk"
If you'd like I can simply close the thread.

Last edited by Parallax; 11-30-2016 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Link added
11-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'm pretty sure that camera lenses, of any sort, are photography related.
"Photography related threads do not belong in Gen Talk"
If you'd like I can simply close the thread.
Okay, it's in the lenses section. But what if people with non-lens Miida photography items post in this thread, as they are invited to do by the generality of the thread topic? Will the thread get bumped again?
11-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

They are absolutely welcome to post anything related to the thread topic.