Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Sun Auto Tele-Zoom 85 - 210mm f/4.8

Hi everyone, just bought this M42 lens really cheap and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it. Here's a small write up on my blog. Actually, if there's anyone than can tell me a little about the Sun brand, please fill me in. Cheers.

12-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Hi there - this may be 3 years late, but.. I got this lens for 3$ and I played with it, and this thing is TACK SHARP, Nice bokeh too - I geel almost guilty for buying it, I thought at first it wouldnt work, BUT, I put the stupid adapter on backwords because I was so excited to get this small 'haul' of lenses valued at over 400$ for 14$.. I didn't even know the value until I got home and ebayed my purchase. Then, when I got home, i put the adapter on correctly and about screamed like a girl.. (well, I AM a girl sooo that explains it) not to mention all the Canon lenses I got that the friggen af/fd adapter I had LOCKED so when I got home, tried again, and unlocked, I have 4 new lenses to play with.. Its called gear acquisition syndrome.. I need more lenses like I need a friggen HOLE in my HEAD.. - so, how much did you buy it for? AND your blog, doesnt exist anywhere - the link doesnt work and goes to some webhosting site.. with a BAGILLION pop ups.. I had to shut off my computer. YIPES. Id like to see your images!! so im going to go check your flickr stream to see wht u got with this lens... see ya.
12-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #3

I was looking to buy this same lens. how do you like it so far? is the picture quality good throughout the whole range?
12-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the lens with K adaptor. I am somewhat easily pleased when it comes to some lenses but I liked it for a while. Here is some my background with the lens.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/77993-nature-anyone-know...tml#post802004

01-02-2011, 12:50 AM   #5
Inactive Account

I would get it, if you can.. it is a nice lens. and mine is smooth and 'buttery' does that make sense? I will take some picts tomorrow and post them.

I am the WORST at organizing my images, and just got this a few months ago - and It will be faster if I just go take some more snaps..

Stay tuned.

P.S. I shoot with a Canon 50D - so I obviously need to use the M42 mount. It is an 8$ adaptor, that fits like it belonged on the camera from day 1, and also the lens fits PERFECTLY as well, snug as a bug..

Last edited by bokehbetty; 01-02-2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: had to ad the p.s.
01-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #6

Ok thanks! haha. I have a T2i so im in the same boat. When you upload your photos (no hurry haha) I'll probably make my decision. Smooth and buttery makes perfect sense. It's what i want haha.